Cloud and Infrastructure Engineering Manager
- Chicago, IL
The Manager, Cloud and Infrastructure Engineering will oversee a team of engineers responsible for HUB's hybrid cloud environments (AWS, Azure, VMWare) and Microsoft technology stack. Reporting to the Director, Infrastructure and Cloud Operations, this role will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, and supporting HUB's IT environments. In addition, the leader will be a key team member that will drive the cultural, technology, and delivery transformation of the IT organization.
- Oversee the implementation and support of high-quality cloud, platform, and infrastructure solutions that support HUB's business strategy.
- Working with the Architecture team, deliver solutions that support the business.
- Provide managerial and engineering oversight across a variety of technologies and across multiple cloud providers.
- Effectively manage external parties, from individual contractors to consulting organizations and service providers.
- Provide clear direction, encourage professional development, and motivate the team to achieve success.
- Oversee continuous improvement of IT environments and processes.
- Identify and execute opportunities for automation, scale, and business self-service.
- Provide Tier 3 support and handle escalations from Service Desk and other support teams.
- Coordinate cross-functional solution delivery with Security, Architecture, Network Operations and End User Computing Operations teams.
- Implement and Manage cost controls and reporting in cloud environments.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures, processes, and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in discipline appropriate to assignment or an equivalent combination of education and experience (related certifications are a plus)
- Cloud transformation and operations experience - SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS, with AWS and Azure
- Experience engineering and supporting common data center technologies (NetApp and PURE Storage, VMWare, Nutanix, Cisco UCS)
- Minimum 6-8 years of information technology experience in roles of increasing complexity
- Minimum of 3-5 years of managerial or equivalent supervisory experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), negotiation, and collaboration skills incorporating the ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated high level analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify issues and risks and work with Hub stakeholders for resolution.
- Possess shared vision and values that create culture of customer service, accountability, capability building.
- Microsoft-centric technology engineering oversight experience, including server versions 2008 - 2019, Active Directory, O365, Exchange, MIM.
- Exposure to monitoring technologies.
- Experience with ITIL and Service-Now or other ITSM toolsets.
When you join the team at HUB International, you become part of the 5th largest global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Becoming a part of HUB means that you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced team environment supported by over 12,000 professionals in 450 offices across North America. You will be able to actively contribute to our track record of year over year growth fueled by innovative new products and services, mergers and acquisitions, and a great team of people. As part of our talent engine, you will exemplify our strong core values which drive our unique corporate culture. HUB's entrepreneurial spirit is evident in our people, products and philanthropic initiatives and we are passionate about our talent!
Department Information Technology
Required Experience: 7-10 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: High school or equivalent
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top