Client Service Director (Commercial Insurance)
Client Service Director (Commercial Insurance)
WHO WE ARE:
HUB International was born in 1998 with the merger of 11 privately held insurance brokerages. That number has grown to a network of more than 400 integrated brokerages across North America - all carrying the HUB banner.
Today, HUB is one of the largest insurance brokers in the world, and represents a broad, deep, one-of-a-kind aggregation of insurance entrepreneurs.
We are seeking a talented Commercial Lines Manager/Director who is interested in taking that next step in their career. If you have experience leading a team and have a knack for process-improvement, take a look at what HUB has to offer!
The Client Service Director is a working manager who oversees the Commercial Lines account-management team. The Director is accountable for all aspects of the team's performance (client experience, operational performance metrics, and employee experience). Working with team members, they ensure adoption and maintenance of standard workflows, achievement of service, and operational efficiency goals. They will develop team members' capabilities in account management and process improvement. In addition to being a team leader, they will have their own set of accounts to support. They ensure retention and growth of their assigned accounts through service excellence, account rounding, and cross-selling.
The Director will provide support by knowing all the processes and tasks performed by their team members so they can coach and relieve staff, fill in for absentees, or help staff who need additional coaching or are falling behind.
- Provides guidance on account management best practices by ensuring the "right level" of service is delivered depending on revenue, account size, complexity, and needs
- Facilitates daily huddles and rapid problem solving in a way that both engages staff while delivering the expected process performance
- Identifies and addresses waste and problems in the work flows that are major contributors to performance issues in delivering against the process targets (Plan-Do-Check-Act)
- Uses data to monitor process performance against targets and communicates results throughout the organization
- Collaborates with other Client Service Directors, Client Service Managers, and local management, to improve the overall operations of the organization and coordinates improvement activities with Hub Process Owners
- Coaches and develops the team members on a daily basis to achieve effeciency and service excellence targets; ensures new team members successfully onboarded
- Plans daily, weekly, and monthly schedules / staffing for the team
- Role models the behaviors needed to execute change and leads the team through change as needed
- Understands clients' business and insurance needs, and critically analyzes and compares insurance plans and HUB services to determine suitability for additional opportunities
- Leadsresolution of escalated complex service issues between clients and insurance carriers that require policy interpretation and experience-based judgment to resolve
- Manages, organizes and conducts client meetings in coordination with producer
- Leads all aspects of client service, marketing, and renewal of book of business
- Identifies opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell of other HUB products and services where appropriate
POSITION WILL BE BASED IN LOS ANGELES (Howard Hughes Center area) or ENCINO
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 7-10 years of commercial lines agency experience (2+ years in a management/supervisory role)
- Ability to critically analyze processes and apply process improvements
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally, to internal and external parties
- Strong negotiation and influence skills
- Exceptional service skills
- Passion for coaching and developing talent
- College Degree strongly preferred
- Relevant licenses per state/regional statutes
- Advanced professional designation highly desirable (e.g. AIC, AAI, ARM, CIC, CPCU, CEBS, GBA, RHU, REBC)
- Yellow Belt Certification a plus
WHAT HUB HAS FOR YOU:
At HUB, we believe in giving our employees the room and space they need to do their job. We believe in paying a fair wage and offering great benefits like a 401k plan where the Company matches 50% of the first 6% you contribute. Medical options, dental options, vision coverage, paid vacation, paid holidays. We have it all.
Our work environment encourages critical, independent thinking, problem-solving and project-management. We trust our employees to make good decisions for our clients and we give them the space to do that.
LIKE US SO FAR?
Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction. Apply online today!
Are you a veteran? Disabled? We welcome ALL candidates and are proud of our wonderfully diverse employee population.
Location: United States, California, Los Angeles
Required Education: Some college (no degree)
Required Experience: 7-10 years
Date published: 22-Jun-2018
Department: Account Management & Service
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top