Client Service Associate - Retirement & Private Wealth Division
- Rockville, MD
HUB International Limited is a leading insurance brokerage providing an array of worldwide brokerage services including property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment, and wealth management products and services throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. We currently have an opportunity for a Client Service Associate in our Rockville, MD office.
Summary of responsibilities
The selected employee will be responsible for developing and maintaining effective relationships with retirement plan sponsors, wealth management clients and industry wholesalers. Responsibilities include communicating with clients regarding service delivery, providing assistance on day-to-day basis, troubleshooting plan issues, and discussing the impact of select legislative requirements. The Client Service Associate ensures delivery of optimal service, client satisfaction and client retention and continually develops and maintains product, industry and systems knowledge and skills.
- Proactively identify and clarify client needs and provide top notch service.
- Discuss, monitor and advise plan sponsors on plan design changes and follow through to completion.
- Conduct in person (or virtual) plan reviews for all assigned plans.
- Follow up on all meeting action items, including research, fund changes and all miscellaneous issues.
- Meet with plan sponsors regularly, building a relationship or trust by consistently exceeding expectations.
- Generate reports (Investment Scorecard, Provider Analysis, Fee Benchmarking, etc.)
- Conduct research on Morningstar® or COMMunity Link®.
- Request and facilitate employee education meetings/workshops.
- Assist with workflow needs in office:
- Maintain updated client contact records.
- Maintain up-to-date and organized client files, including copies of all signed applications and forms, according to Commonwealth's compliance requirements.
- Generate reports for wealth management reviews.
- Prepare and send outgoing mail.
- Maintain appropriate turnaround time on incoming items (e.g., 24 hours for checks).
- Assist lead advisor and department manager with applications and execution of life, disability and LTC policies.
- BA or BS preferred
- Minimum of one year of experience in the retirement plan industry
- FINRA Series 7 registration preferred, along with FINRA Series 63 and FINRA Series 65 or FINRA Series 66.
- Proficiency with computer programs, including the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent people skills, including:
- Active listening
- Effective communication
- Professional, knowledgeable demeanor
- Ability to establish rapport with clients and coworkers
- Sophisticated organizational skills with both physical resources (e.g., files, manuals, papers) and nonphysical resources (e.g., calendars, appointments, events, client contact records, images)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to:
- Proofread and quality check own work in accordance with firm/Commonwealth criteria
- Identify and solve problems in a timely, efficient, and effective manner
- Use resources available to answer questions and resolve problems (e.g., COMMunity Link, Operations Manual, office procedures, Plan Recordkeeper websites. )
- Prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Work independently
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top