Client Manager – Disability and Life Specialist
- Pittsburgh, PA
The Client Manager (for over 100 life groups) will support the Consultant as the day-to-day contact in providing strategic account management and brokerage services to assigned health and welfare benefit plan (EB) clients, having the primary responsibility of making Consultants more efficient. The Client Manager is viewed as a team player who helps the Consultant with meeting planning, benchmarking, marketing, timely release of reporting to clients, annual notices, contract reviews, and maintaining internal systems/checklists. Travel to meet and present to clients is required. The Client Manager will have a strong focus specific to Disability, Life and Absence programs.
The Client Manager, with a focus on Disability, Life and Absence programs, will interface with Consultants and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) directly for assigned clients, involving leveraging individuals appropriately in service related activities to support client needs. In general, the Client Manager will support Consultants with executing strategies, preparing materials/reports, keeping internal systems up to date, and acting as the day-to-day contact for clients. Consultants will lead service teams to provide overall strategy to clients within an assigned book of business. SMEs will support the Consultant and Client Manager with coordinating/presenting materials related to specific topics.
- Respond promptly and professionally to the service needs of clients and Consultants (internal customers).
- Assist Consultants in adding lines of coverage to existing accounts.
- Work with Consultants to develop and review monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Provide guidance to other Client Managers and Consultants specific to Disability, Life and Absence programs
- Market coverage via RFP process, organize responses, and produce spreadsheets and other related items while verifying their accuracy.
- Work with clients to deliver employee communications and open enrollment materials.
- Prepare renewals, contact clients for updated information, create renewal proposals, and handle other renewal activities in coordination with the Consultant.
- Assist Consultants in client renewal changes, such as new carrier implementation, adding new products, etc.
- Prepare meeting summaries and follow-up items, making sure all follow-up items are addressed.
- Possess a detailed knowledge of the client's business and industry.
- Establish and maintain strong and productive professional relationships with cognizant insurance carriers and key vendor partners, including a detailed familiarity with carrier and key vendor partner products and services in support of assigned clients.
- Broad knowledge of insurance products and usages and ability to work independently.
- Maintain required internal client filings.
- Ensure that all client service needs are promptly and professionally delivered.
- Possess a mastery of the various HUB resources and tools that are available via "HUB Today."
- Have knowledge about and comply with HUB systems, procedures, and state/federal insurance regulations.
- Maintain applicable licensing by participating in continuing education.
- Possess a strong ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, which will include the ability to design and deliver effective group presentations using various media to the client.
- Other duties may be assigned as needs arise.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 1 year of EB brokerage experience servicing 100+ clients
- Current Pennsylvania Life, Accident, and Health License
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- High energy, detail-oriented self-starter
- Significant skill in handling competing demands and projects
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and delegate responsibility
- Strong and efficient time management skills
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top