Claims Manager-Property and Casualty
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the worlds' largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the pepeace of mind that what matters most will be protected-through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a-kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
*Position can be based in Concord or in our Sacramento or Fresno offices.
Our Claims Advocate-Manager, Property & Casualty Claims provides claims service strategy and robust claims advocacy services to clients represented by our HUB Concord, CA office. Claims Advocate will work directly with existing HUB sales and service associates for property and casualty claims (excluding workers' compensation) to ensure efficient and timely payments to HUB clients. This role will require direct interaction with clients, carriers and claims adjusters in an effort to resolve claims in a timely manner.
- Ensure quality and consistency in executing best practices
- Have clear understanding of property and liability insurance policy language and the application of limits, sub-limits, deductibles and self-insured retentions
- Understand the technical aspects of Claims Made vs. Occurrence based policy forms
- Have the ability to document work (including telephone conversations) using Outlook and/or a Business Management System (BMS)
- Appropriate utilization of all systems as required (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Citrix Desktop, and Applied/Epic)
- Engage our global network of professionals as needed
- Work with others as necessary to continually improve quality and innovation
- Monitor the performance of our carrier partner's claims handling and overall performances
- Directly handle cases and other special requests utilizing HUB claims resources
- Directly handle several key clients as a primary claims consultant
- Support new business with sales presentations and RFP assistance
- Participate in strategic large client meetings as required
- Manage the appropriateness of client service agreements
- Ensure practice strategy alignment with HUB global business partners
- Maintain direct relationships with key clients
- Ensure appropriate program designs
- Handle complaints, disputes and negotiate settlements with carriers
- Perform annual reviews of TPAs and vendors as needed
- Understand the impact of losses and how they affect a corporation's bottom line
- Understand and promote company products
You are perfect for this opportunity if you
- 4-year college degree is mandatory; additional education is a plus
- Legal background is a plus
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in claims, risk management or related positions
- Property, General Liability & Auto Liability experience is mandatory
- Complex claims handling experience and with litigated claims is required
- Construction Defect claims experience is required
- Insurance license for CA must be active and in good standing
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively interact with all levels (including executives) within an organization
- Knowledge of claims and risk management Best Practices
- Understand case management and cost containment
WHY CHOOSE HUB?:
Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions our employees for longevity and success. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees, and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development. Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
We are the perfect fit if you:
- Are seeking a progressive work environment at a rapidly growing organization
- Have a desire to help others protect their future
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
- Are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
- Are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of our business
- Believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others
Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction. Apply online today!
Are you a veteran? Disabled? We welcome ALL candidates and are proud of our wonderfully diverse employee population.
Location: United States, California, Concord
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 9-Jan-2019
Department: Claims Management
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top