Claims Leader, Senior Vice President
About HUB International Limited
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in Mergers and Acquisitions.
The SVP, Claims Leader – Canada position will provide best-in-class leadership, mentorship, support, and advocacy to our clients, team members, and stakeholders in our offices throughout Canada, as well as HUB overall. Specifically, this position will:
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture, listening to team members' feedback, resolving any issues or conflicts, providing coaching, encouraging creativity, and fostering idea/knowledge sharing. Establish KPIs, set goals, monitor team performance, and report on metrics.
- Direct/lead major account claims stewardship efforts, personally maintaining relationships with our most significant clients across Canada.
- Manage escalations and seek to resolve them to the satisfaction of the customer and account executives. Directly handle complex cases, large losses, or special requests (i.e. claims advocacy) with uses of our claims resources.
- Support new business with sales presentation and RFP assistance.
- Manage the appropriateness of client service agreements/expectations with respect to overall claims management strategies.
- Work with key HUB markets to maintain existing open communication with claims executives to address overall service or specific claims issues.
- Execute territory plan-staff, retention, growth and strategy initiatives.
- Work with corporate and local marketing teams to support new marketing campaigns, delivering strategies to help elevate the HUB claims brand internally and externally.
- Assist HUB with identifying and pursuing claims-related revenue opportunities.
- Develop budgets with Presidents and manage expenses.
- Manage the appropriate level of resources across the assigned territory.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of claims teams and take action as required.
- Identify team development needs, facilitating/leading/conducting presentations and workshops to close gaps.
- Act as an Ambassador for HUB at all presentations and events
- 15+ years in a claims role with a broker, insurance carrier, independent adjuster, or third party administrator (TPA)
- 5+ years managing/leading teams of claims professionals
- Insurance technical knowledge in all areas (FCIP would be an asset)
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics
- Strong presentation, organizational, decision-making, and time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of self-motivation and discipline
- Ability to travel and work beyond normally scheduled workweek as necessary
Compensation & Benefits:
HUB will offer a competitive compensation & benefits package commensurate with the candidate's abilities.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top