The role of the Claims Associate is to provide administrative and other support to the Claims Team for the successful operation of the Claims Department.
JOB DUTIES/ SKILLS
- Report new claims to the carrier within time period as set by company standard.
- Direct contact with carrier claims department within 48 hours of reporting of all new claims to identify claim number and ensure adjuster assigned to loss.
- Contact with adjusters to monitor status of claims in order to update relevant parties on status (on certain claims when requested).
- Assist Claims Team members with incoming and outgoing claims documentation and ad hoc projects.
- Assisting Claims Team members in preparation of Claim Kits.
- Accurate data entry in EPIC claims management system.
- Setting educational goals to improve personal performance.
- Under supervision of the Claim Team, direct communication with clients to advocate clients' interest in all claims matters.
- The essential duties contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Job Required Experience
- Experience in insurance industry an asset.
- College or University Degree preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced Level of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word and Excel)
- General familiarity with handling high volume of paperwork
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These qualifications are considered without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law. If this position requires licensing or certification, the incumbent must maintain that license or certification by meeting all continuing education and other requirements
- Good customer service, interpersonal, teamwork and organizational, skills.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to use good judgment and strong ethical standards.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top