HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
We are currently seeking an organized, self-motivated Claims Assistant for our Northeast region to assist our fast paced Claims unit. This position is located in the heart of Times Square.
- Report high volume of Property, G/L, Umbrella/XS & Auto claims to appropriate carriers
- Obtain GL claim status updates from the carrier examiners and create spreadsheet reports
- Review policies to confirm coverage prior to reporting a claim
- Interact with adjusters to obtain statuses on Property & Auto claims
- Settle small 3rd Party Property claims (up to a $1500 limit) for large client
- Forward Summons & Complaints to adjusters and ensure assignment of counsel
- Review policies to determine which defendants are entitled to coverage under the insured's policies
- Interact with clients to obtain claim details and address general questions
- Assist claim management and designated Hub examiners on projects and day to day reporting
- Associate Degree
- At least 1-2 years working with a brokerage or insurance company
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient with MS Office
Required Education: Associate degree (2-year degree)
Required Experience: 1-2 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 23-Aug-2018
Department: Claims Management
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top