Claims Advocate, P&C
- Fresno, CA
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the worlds' largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the pepeace of mind that what matters most will be protected-through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a-kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
The Property and Casualty Claims Advocate will assist DMIG / HUB clients in reporting claims to insurance carriers, making sure carriers establish and communicate timely acknowledgement of claims for clients, and when necessary, advocate for them in the proper and timely settlement of Property/Casualty Claims, participate in fulfillment of 365 Team Service commitments, and prepare reports for senior management as described below:
- Follow all DMIG / HUB Claims procedures in EPIC as defined in the procedures manual
- Work with zero backlog
- Serve as direct liaison to claims adjusters on a day-to-day basis
- Update and monitor service commitments in IWINS
- Periodic preparation of claims exhibits for customers as directed by 365 Team Manager/Risk Consultants
- Produce claim data reports for Risk Consultants to fulfill claim review activities scheduled as part of the 365 process
- Submit quarterly claim data to Marketing Manager for use in monitoring DMIG /HUB performance with insurance carriers, when such information is available
- Promptly notify the President and Director of Operations of correspondence regarding a Property/Casualty claim which might give rise to an Errors and Omissions claim for DMIG/HUB
- Report any discrepancy between a reported claim and property listed in EPIC to the Director of Client Services
- Report any claim reserved over $250,000 to the President
- Report any claim with a potential for denial to the President
- Distribute monthly reports to all Risk Consultants of new claims and closed claims for Risk Consultant clients.
- Upon closure of a claim, send automated survey to client for feedback via email.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must strive to consistently demonstrate the following competencies:
- SupportandpersonallystrivetofollowDMIG'sstated Purpose, Valuesand Beliefs
- A strongaptitudefororganizationandlearning
- In depth understanding of Commercial Property & Casualty coverage including: Property, General Liability, Business Auto, Inland and Ocean Marine, EPLI, Directors and Officers, Farmowners and Commercial Excess/Umbrella.
- Competence in computer software used by the Agency:
- Prepare accurate and professional reports for presentation to Agency Management, Risk Consultants and Clients as needed
- UnderstandandfollowestablishedDMIG / HUB procedures
- Abilitytoperform basic mathfunctionsincludingaddition,subtraction,multiplication,division,percentagesandfractions
- Abilitytoanalyzeworkassignmentsandknow when toaskforassistance in ordertocomplete the assignments in a timelymanner
- Abilitytorespondpromptlytocustomers' needs, solicitcustomerfeedbacktoimproveservice
- Abilityto speak clearlyandpersuasively in positiveornegativesituations,beanactivelistener,focusonsolvingconflict,maintainconfidentiality
- Balanceteamandindividualresponsibilities,supportteamobjectives,exhibitopennessto the views ofothers,giveandwelcomefeedback, when necessary assistteamonlargeprojectsto meet groupworkcommitments
- Perform all jobrequirements,consistentlyproducequalitywork,completetasksaccuratelyandon time, 'prioritize andplanwork assignments, use time efficiently to meet productivity standardsandcommitments,takeresponsibilityforownactions,beresponsivetocoachingfrom the Director of Client Services. Strivetocontinuouslypursuetraininganddevelopmentopportunitiestobuildknowledgeand skills
- Shareknowledgeofinsurance,automationandotherresources,contributetobuilding a positiveworkingenvironment,treatotherswithrespectregardlessof their position
- UnderstandDMIG / HUBEmployeeHandbook
- Must have CA P&C license
- High school diploma required (or GED), Bachelor's Degree preferred
WHY CHOOSE HUB?:
Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions our employees for longevity and success. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees, and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development. Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
We are the perfect fit if you:
- Are seeking a progressive work environment at a rapidly growing organization
- Have a desire to help others protect their future
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
- Are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
- Are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of our business
- Believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others
Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction. Apply online today!
Are you a veteran? Disabled? We welcome ALL candidates and are proud of our wonderfully diverse employee population.
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: High school or equivalent
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top