Chief Sales Officer, Cannabis Specialty Practice
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
About the Position
The Chief Sales Officer (CSO) is responsible for meeting overall growth and profitability targets, in conjunction with the sales objectives of the Cannabis segment of the Agribusiness & Farm Specialty Practice.
- Accountable for and oversee growth goals for the Practice
- Coach, develop, support and enable practice members
- Assist regions with recruiting, hiring, and training/mentoring new producers
- Promote inter-practice resource sharing, identify opportunities for cross selling
- Identification of sales initiatives and business development opportunities throughout the practice
- Establish a positive sales culture dependent on maximizing the strengths of each practice member
- Strategize with Regional Practice Leaders, geography CSOs, and practice members to grow and retain business year over year
- Develop internal resources/experts to assist all producers in closing business
- Accountable for implementing all Hub sales best practices and other sales initiatives as applicable for a practice environment
- Positively and proactively represent HUB in meetings, seminars, trade shows and networking events
- Ensures continuous development of products and service offerings aligned with identified needs of customers in the market segments
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- At least 10 years of progressive, successful sales experience; majority must be within an agency, brokerage or consulting firm
- L&H, P&C licenses required
- Deep expertise and strong visibility in the cannabis industry
- Proven progressive sales track record in driving new business results
- A consultative, positive and resourceful approach to dealing with prospect, clients and associates
- Highly developed organization and time management skills
- Strong listening, written, verbal & interpersonal communication skills
- Public speaking and presentation experience
- Strong degree of self-motivation with a demonstrated ability to lead/motivate others
- Is influential and persuasive with the ability to partner across HUB and work well with segment and other practice leaders
- This position can be based anywhere in the U.S.
Required Experience: 10-15 years
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top