Chief Financial Officer
- Mountainside, NJ
HUB International is a global insurance brokerage providing property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Ranked 5th among the world's largest insurance brokers, the company has done over 500 acquisitions to date, ranging in revenues up to $100 million and has over 450 offices and 12,000 employees across North America. The company has annual revenue exceeding $2 billion and is headquartered in Chicago. HUB is privately-held, with majority-ownership from Hellman & Friedman and minority ownership from other institutional investors and its employees.
HUB prides itself on its entrepreneurial spirit, which continues to be evident in the way it does business. HUB's decentralized structure allows the company to be proactive in addressing local market needs while centrally managing the growth of the business with consistent standards. In addition, the company has a broad arrange of products and services, the benefits of scale and resources, and a committed and experienced management team.
www.hubinternational.com at http://www.hubinternational.com/
The role will report into Hub's enterprise CFO, but will focus primarily on providing financial leadership and support to assigned regions to assist in setting and achieving targeted business results. The candidate will support Hub's U.S. East Region and its Specialty Program Group business, which collectively generate more than $500 million in annual revenue, with aggressive growth planned for the future. S/he will be a key member of not only the enterprise finance team, but also the regional leadership teams, ideally serving as a strategic business partner to assigned regional executives. Position is ideally based in the New York area or near Wilmington, MA, with a moderate level of U.S. travel expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide partnership and advice to regional management and their teams to make informed financial and operational decisions, consistent with regional objectives
- Support Hub's enterprise CFO in the accomplishment of the company's financial objectives and various business initiatives as driven by Hub's CEO and Executive Management Team
- Become a leader and driver of the region's M&A program across all stages, including target identification, offer development, due diligence, and integration
- Coordinate with regional leadership teams in the development of strategic business plans
- Oversee the creation and monitoring of an annual financial budget that meets growth and profitability objectives, including sales production, expenses, and compensation program administration
- Focus on the efficient financial and business operations of the region through development of accurate and actionable information reporting and analysis capabilities, including the use of key metrics
- Interpret and clearly communicate financial results to all key stakeholders
- Collaborate with corporate finance leaders and other regional CFOs on best practices, information sharing, and inter-regional activities
- Complete the month-end accounting close process across various reporting units
- Work closely with IT to maintain effective financial systems and controls
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects, supporting regional and corporate initiatives
- Act as a leader and mentor for 50+ member regional finance team, promoting a culture of active engagement, collaboration, accountability, and professional development
- Evolve existing regional finance team (which is already effective) into a world-class, high-performing unit, leveraging the best available tools, practices, and talent
- 15+ years of progressive finance and accounting experience
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, or business
- CPA, public accounting, and/or insurance industry experience desirable, but not required
- Clearly presents ideas and concepts (orally and written) and influences outcomes
- Effective at building and maintaining long-term, positive working relationships
- Results-oriented and disciplined approach to achieving financial and business objectives, leveraging a high level of financial acumen
- Ability to obtain multiple assessments of a situation, review facts, weigh options, and recommend most advantageous course of action to influence business results and solve problems
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic, with a willingness to "roll up sleeves" when necessary and dive deep into accounting, reporting, and/or other financial issues
- Ability to plan and manage an M&A deal or special project from inception through implementation
- Excellent leadership, team-building, and motivational skills
Required Experience: More than 15 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top