Cash Applications Analyst
- Chilliwack, Canada
Join a Winning Team at HUB International
When you join the team at HUB International, you become part of the 5th largest global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Becoming a part of HUB means that you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced team environment supported by over 12,000 professionals in 450 offices across North America. You will be able to actively contribute to our track record of year over year growth fueled by innovative new products and services, mergers and acquisitions, and a great team of people. As part of our talent engine, you will exemplify our strong core values which drive our unique corporate culture. HUB's entrepreneurial spirit is evident in our people, products and philanthropic initiatives and we are passionate about our talent!
About the Position:
The position reports directly to the Cash Applications Supervisor and functions as analyst for special projects and reporting and performs as part of a team. This individual would be responsible for complex discrepancy handling as well as assisting the supervisor and manager in planning and executing new processes for the team. Key responsibilities include ensuring client, carrier, and broker payments are applied timely and accurately in accordance with company policies
- Primary role is to works directly with Supervisor to create and maintain cash apps KPI data, analyze aged discrepancies and COA items as well as assisting with special projects.
- Run EPIC reporting and prepare regular analysis to determine team productivity and accuracy.
- Analyze, research and resolve complex problems.
- Support and implement process efficiencies.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with client service operations teams and other HFC teams.
- Contribute to a cooperative team environment in which cross functions are assumed as necessary in order to meet department deadlines and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires at least 2 years' experience in accounting field.
- Experience in a shared services accounting environment is a plus.
- Must have strong understanding of all areas of EPIC and other HFC team processes
- Insurance Brokerage Experience preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Word and Excel Skills required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- High degree of accuracy with a good eye for detail
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Must have some flexibility of work hours and the availability to put in extra hours during peak/growth times
Department Accounting & Finance
Required Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top