Cash Application Senior Associate
- Chilliwack, Canada
Join a Winning Team at HUB International
When you join the team at HUB International, you become part of the 5th largest global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Becoming a part of HUB means that you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced team environment supported by over 12,000 professionals in 450 offices across North America. You will be able to actively contribute to our track record of year over year growth fueled by innovative new products and services, mergers and acquisitions, and a great team of people. As part of our talent engine, you will exemplify our strong core values which drive our unique corporate culture. HUB's entrepreneurial spirit is evident in our people, products and philanthropic initiatives and we are passionate about our talent!
About the Position:
The Accounting Senior Associate is specialized in their department who operates as a lead within their team. They handle both transactional work as well as supporting the accounting associates on their team with any functional questions, training, and similar support. They support the leadership team to ensure the team is performing within the SLAs and internal controls and policies the HFC and HUB. The Senior Associate should drive the HFC Purpose in their responsibilities and how they support their team. Personal and professional development is paramount to the success of any role in the HFC and the leadership team is expected to actively participate in their own development, as well as their team's. This position reports to the department Accounting Supervisor.
- Ensure compliance with team Key Performance Metrics, HFC core values and "Our Purpose", internal controls, and policy, including reporting to Senior Leadership, support in follow up with top performers and improvement plans for low performers
- Monitor and analyze the team's work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Strong desk level understanding of workflows in order to manage own work, support the team, and deliver training to staff
- Performs and reports on team's metrics, identifying any areas of concern and possible paths of resolution, to their leadership team
- Analyze, research, and resolve complex problems, including root cause analysis of errors, and work with the leadership team to find resolution paths
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external clients
- Contribute to a cooperative team environment where cross functions are assumed as necessary in order to meet department deadlines and goals
- Collaborates with the HFC leadership team to support overall department goals and objectives
- Identify and assist with the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflows of the department
- Strong desire to support internal and external customers within the controls and policies of the HFC and HUB.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years supporting and developing an accounting team.
- Associates degree or accounting diploma. Accounting experience may offset this requirement
- A firm understanding of accounting and financial concepts and controls surrounding accounting functions.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Excel
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Solid interpersonal, supervisory, and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- History of balancing multiple priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Experience in a shared services accounting environment preferred
- Insurance brokerage experience preferred
- Must understand the need for flexibility in working schedule to meet deadlines and support a team
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top