Captive Account Executive
- Pittsburgh, PA
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep, and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
Why Choose HUB?
Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive, exciting, and friendly work environment that strategically positions our employees for longevity and success. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development. Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance professionals to serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolve as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
We are the perfect fit if you:
- are seeking a progressive work environment at a rapidly growing organization
- have a desire to help others protect their future
- have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
- are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
- are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of our business
- believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others
In this role, you will:
- Interact with clients and prospects to guide and assist in implementing and managing alternative risk insurance programs
- Promptly respond to all clients and brokers/producer inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner
- Draft policies, underwrite new and renewal clients, discuss and present renewals, review financial statements, review claims, and interface with clients and domicile insurance regulators
- Review clients with Financial Analyst and prepare related documentation: policies, reinsurance contracts, feasibility analysis charts, loss runs, annual meeting documents, financial statements billing inputs, etc.
- Assist with follow up for outstanding information and reports
- Review claims or work with claims consultant as needed
- Work and maintain relationships with various service providers including independent auditors, independent actuaries, attorney's, TPA's, carriers/reinsurers, and reinsurance brokers
- Create and maintain client compliance documents and maintain client files
- Prepare proposals and annual meeting documents; review policies and reinsurance contracts; and provide data and needs-based consulting to clients throughout the policy year
- Assist Captive Department Producers with new business proposals
- Participate in and lead department meetings as needed
- Utilize expense management system and oversee budgeting/forecasting
- Attend client meetings when needed
- Travel domestically and internationally as needed (though this is limited during the current COVID-19 pandemic)
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Risk Management
- 5+ years of experience in Property & Casualty insurance
- Property & Casualty Producer's License
- ARM or CPCU designation a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office (Work, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to learn new systems as introduced
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and interact in a professional manner with clients and colleagues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the work at hand
- Self-motivation with theabilityto work independently under minimal dailydirection
- Conscientiousness, reliability, andattentiontodetail
- Excellent time-managementskills
- Sound listening and concentrationskills
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- A rewarding job that helps local businesses in the community
- Medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401k matching program, Health Savings Account funding, and voluntary insurance options
- Generous time-off policies (3 weeks of vacation + Personal/Sick/Floating Holidays)
- A work/life balance because that's important for all of us
- Learn from the expertise of your coworkers
- Growth- HUB is growing, and so can your career
- Be part of a motivated team
Required Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here athttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 orUSRecruiting@hubinternational.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top