Business Intelligence Lead
About HUB International:
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in Mergers and Acquisitions.
About the Position:
The manager, business intelligence, position develops and implements a process to identify management's intelligence needs; gathers the related information; analyzes the relevant information; provides timely reports to be acted upon based on the analyses; and implements the recommendations of intelligence reporting and management. The purpose of this role is to support the decision-making process at the company by assessing the impact and feasibility of strategies and generating insights, tools, reports and systems that facilitate the management of the business.
- Identify analytics needs of internal teams through a comprehensive understanding of their business and collaboration with its stakeholders.
- Partner with internal customers to develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that improve business decision making, performance, and customer experience.
- Manage analytics roadmap, priorities, and related projects.
- Define and work with stakeholders to improve data integrity and usefulness throughout the company, including identification of opportunities to improve operations and processes that impact data.
- Evaluate, develop and deploy data visualization toolsets.
- Foster cross functional/regional sharing of analytical frameworks, approaches, and insights.
- Drive maturity throughout the program through defined and documented processes and increased automation and self-service.
- Plan and ensure delivery of ongoing end user training and education for greater awareness of analytics tools and data, deeper analytical skills, and greater self service capabilities.
- Manage, mentor, and develop members of the Analytics team.
- Bachelor's Degree in business analytics, statistics, business intelligence, or related field or experience
- Core competencies in statistics, visualization, and data mining and modeling.
- Minimum 5 years of experiences in building marketing response models/segmentation and/or dashboard reporting
- Minimum 5 years of experience within analytics/business intelligence
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both technical and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated, preferably in the consumer packaged goods/retail industry
- Experience and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes, tools, and approaches
- Experience with business driven / self-service business intelligence
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to understand a problem, structure the analysis needed to solve it and come up with innovative and insightful solutions and recommendations
- Good project management skills and process oriented mindset
- Collaborative team player with good interpersonal skills
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top