Business Development Manager, Colwood Insurance Services
- Langley, Canada
As a Business Development Manager in our Colwood Insurance Services Department , you are responsible for premium client service delivery while ensuring our product stays best-in-class. You are also responsible for Colwood's auto replacement program, sub-broker relations, sales support and reguar communication with business partners. The right candidate must be entrepreneurial, agile, forward thinking, and service oriented. You must also be a stickler for details and be skilled in policy wording. Overall, you are a great leader and have excellent business relationships skills, working closely with employees, insurers, brokers and auto dealership personnel. This is a Regular Full-Time role based out of our Willowbrook (Langley) Branch.
Colwood Insurance Services, operating as an MGA, is an integral part of HUB International's operations. Our products allow HUB International to offer the best in auto replacement cost and limited depreciation insurance to our clients and business partners
Our Willowbrook branch is our newest and second largest office centrally located near Willowbrook Shopping Centre and other restaurants and shops nearby.
You would be joining our rapidly growing Colwood Division, and would be instrumental in helping build an innovative, client-focused approach and culture. Choose a career with HUB and create a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and celebrated success.
To find associated positions at our HUB simply search myHUBbc as a keyword in the search bar on our careers page!
HUB INTERNATIONAL - FIND YOUR PASSION
Career development and advancement is important to you, and to us. As the largest insurance broker in Canada, and 5th largest broker worldwide, HUB is growing by 15% each year on average, positioning you for longevity and success.
We've developed a friendly, passionate and entrepreneurial-focused culture, allowing you to share and learn alongside your fellow experts and colleagues. We offer in-house educational development as well as paid educational opportunities, so that you can further develop your leadership skillset and industry knowledge.
To support your career at HUB, our flexible benefits plan allows you to choose the benefits make sense for you, your family and your lifestyle.
As a Business Development Manager, you will:
Market, Fiscal & Regulatory Responsibilities
- Work with the VP, develop annual business plan that when executed will meet targets, maximize revenue growth opportunities and support loss ratio management
- Manage extensive business partner relationships
- Maximize efficiency opportunities, such as centralized processing and leveraging technology solutions (both roles)
- Interpret and analyze data to make well-informed business decisions
- Develop and enhance product offerings through relationships with insurers, business partners, and client feedback (BD role)
- Ensure a competitive product by reviewing and comparing wordings with current market offerings
- Develop training and sales materials for both brokers and dealerships to maximize the sales of Colwood products (BD)
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with brokers and dealerships
- Create, monitor and maintain sales reporting for all broker and dealer clients
- Develop and deliver product and sales training programs
- Develop marketing tools to better promote the product
- Ensure an excellent and consistent client service experience
As the successful candidate, you will bring:
- A Level 2 General Insurance License or willing to obtain
- CIP or FCIP designation preferred
- Minimum 2 years' experience learing a department or branch
- Ability to work collaboratively with direct reports, colleagues, front line talent, insurers, industry regulators and third party business partners
- Excellent customer service knowledge and skills
- Strong abilities in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Superior computer skills
- Strong understanding of business accounting and premium finance knowledge
- Strong understanding of business development and contract knowledge
- Claims and Underwriting experience is an asset
- Understanding of ICBC and dealership workings is an asset
- Willing to travel to various brokers and dealerships throughout Canada
Required Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 75%
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top