Business Development Leader
Responsible for the production of new business within all PBC binding authority programs. Develop strong relationships with current retail brokers within the existing PBC community of brokerages while prospecting for new retail brokers in the assigned territory. Works closely with PBC's in-house underwriting and service teams.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop new business from existing production sources by prospecting assigned brokers.
- Develop new business from new production sources by recruiting new retail brokers.
- Maintain broker relationships that will foster productive business partnerships; maximizing revenue potential for both renewals and new business.
- Develop professional working relationships with PBC's internal servicing and underwriting teams.
- Work with the sales team to coordinate and execute local marketing efforts and communications as established by Senior Management.
- Receive, review and pre-qualify new business submissions, follow up for new business orders
- Assist in the renewal process
- Responsible for individual sales revenue goals as determined by management.
- Responsible for visitation and travel in the territory to independent agents (retailers).
- Strong desire to work independently.
- Ability to work in a self-directed fashion to achieve sales goals.
- Must be able to work within a sales oriented team environment.
- High achiever with superior organizational and time management skills who is self-motivated, pro-active, flexible and capable of handling a high volume of transactions daily.
- Demonstrated superior communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Must have knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel applications to ensure high productivity.
- P&C License
- College degree preferred with 2 - 5 year work experience in the P&C insurance industry with 1 year work experience in sales support preferable.
- Working knowledge of NY/NJ insurance marketplace
- Working knowledge of NYC habitational marketplace
- Microsoft CRM or CORE customer management system
- Familiarity with ImageRight and EPIC.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top