Hub International is a top 10 global insurance broker providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Our regional offices throughout North America are dedicated to helping individuals and businesses evaluate and manage their risks and insurance needs.
A Benefits Consultant (BC) interfaces with a group of clients (a book of business) to strategize and propose viable solutions to manage the menu of benefit options that the client offers to its employees. BCs partner with clients and assist them with 1) emerging trends in employee benefits, 2) their annual renewal process, and 3) other possible options that would enhance or meet the goals of the client; the end product of this partnership is intended to add value to the client, enabling the client to be competitive in their own industry. BCs quickly assess the nature of any given problem, understand thoroughly the expectations of the client, and consistently meet or exceed those expectations. BCs must contribute to and flourish in a team environment, learn and exemplify the HUB Essential 7, and engage in regular professional development.
- Three to five years of experience in benefits including a strong knowledge of self-insured plans, ancillary lines, and current legislation.
- An earned bachelor's degree (or its equivalent).
- An earned Louisiana Life and Health license
- Professional Designations (RHU, REBC, CEBS) a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (listens, speaks, and writes well); able to interact effectively with people of various responsibility and authority (employees, key contacts, executives, etc.).
- Highly organized.
- Able to manage a multitude of details (including paperwork); stays proactive while juggling these issues.
- Possess a natural inclination to reach out, build relationships, and uncover issues before the client calls HUB.
- Very comfortable with typical business technology including voice mail, e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top