HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 6th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
A Benefits Consultant (BC) interfaces with a group of clients (a book of business) to strategize and propose viable solutions to manage the menu of benefit options that the client offers to its employees. BCs partner with clients and assist them with 1) emerging trends in employee benefits, 2) their annual renewal process, and 3) other possible options that would enhance or meet the goals of the client; the end product of this partnership is intended to add value to the client, enabling the client to be competitive in their own industry. BCs quickly assess the nature of any given problem, understand thoroughly the expectations of the client, and consistently meet or exceed those expectations. BC's must contribute to and flourish in a team environment, exemplify HUB Values and engage in regular professional development.
- Significant insurance experience required; at least 3 years of work experience (claims resolution, benefits administration, employee benefit customer service, etc.).
- High school diploma and Louisiana life and health license minimally. College degree preferred.
- Continuous education encouraged (industry coursework leading to producer's license or professional designation).
- Excellent problem solving skills. Persistent to achieve the end result-resolution.
- Strong organizational skills, including daily prioritizing and logical thinking.
- Service-oriented; kind, compassionate, and willing to work hard on another person's behalf.
- Good communication skills, especially verbally and over the phone. Clarity and accuracy are key.
- Excellent phone skills, being responsive, empathetic, and honest with the information to be shared.
- Strong working knowledge of computers (MS Word, MS Excel MS Outlook preferred; Internet, and database experience also beneficial) and able to learn new systems and programs, such as Benefit Point.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and successfully.
- Able to work with others in teams; able to work with those who perform similar jobs as well as complimentary roles. Promotes cooperation and shared successes throughout the company.
- Shares ideas for improvement that are oriented around solutions and blameless problem solving.
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top