Hub International is a top 10 global insurance broker providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Our regional offices throughout North America are dedicated to helping individuals and businesses evaluate and manage their risks and insurance needs.
A Benefit Analyst (BA) assists the Benefit Consultant in the day-to-day needs of the business. Typical functions include but are not limited to: gathering and auditing benefit information along with experience reports and billing. Composing quote requests and sending them to insurance carriers asking them to bid on health and ancillary plans for the employer/client. Preparing spreadsheets to display and communicate rates, total cost, plan designs and claims experience in a professional format to present to clients. In addition, there are also responsible for quarterlies, benchmarking, and other various reports. The BA is responsible for following the "renewal time-line" and completing all renewal tasks in a timely manner. The job of the BA is to do anything and everything possible to keep the Benefits Consultant on the road and in front of the client. The BA is also responsible for new business quoting for the Employee Benefit Specialist.
- High school diploma, minimally. College degree preferred.
- A working knowledge of employee benefit plans, understanding HMOs, PPOs, HSAs, indemnity plans, as well as ancillary coverage such as life, disability, dental and voluntary insurances is preferred.
- An achiever – driven to accomplish the goals set before him/her.
- Strategic in nature, sorting through the myriads of details and projects and coming out on the other side with order and purpose.
- Thrives by building relationships with whom he/she works.
- Excellent computer skills – is an expert in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and able to learn new systems and programs, such as Benefit Point system, carrier reporting system.
- Highly organized & accurate
- Independent thinker, offering suggestions for new and forwarding practices.
- Handles many simultaneous projects efficiently and effectively.
- Operates in a fast-paced, energetic environment and welcomes change.
- Creates or modifies processes/procedures to simplify tasks.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top