A Benefit Analyst (BA) assists the Benefit Consultant in the day-to-day needs of the business. Typical functions include but are not limited to: gathering and auditing benefit information along with experience reports and billing. Composing quote requests and sending them to insurance carriers asking them to bid on health and ancillary plans for the employer/client. Preparing spreadsheets to display and communicate rates, total cost, plan designs and claims experience in a professional format to present to clients. In addition, there are also responsible for quarterlies, benchmarking, and other various reports. The BA is responsible for following the "renewal time-line" and completing all renewal tasks in a timely manner. The job of the BA is to do anything and everything possible to keep the Benefits Consultant on the road and in front of the client. The BA is also responsible for new business quoting for the Employee Benefit Specialist.
- An achiever – driven to accomplish the goals set before him/her.
- Strategic in nature, sorting through the myriads of details and projects and coming out on the other side with order and purpose.
- Thrives by building relationships with whom he/she works.
- Excellent computer skills – is an expert in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and able to learn new systems and programs, such as Benefit Point system, carrier reporting system.
- Highly organized & accurate
- Independent thinker, offering suggestions for new and forwarding practices.
- Handles many simultaneous projects efficiently and effectively.
- Operates in a fast-paced, energetic environment and welcomes change.
- Creates or modifies processes/procedures to simplify tasks.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written forms; on the phone and in person) – learns and exemplifies the HUB Essential 7
- A working knowledge of employee benefit plans, understanding HMOs, PPOs, HSAs, indemnity plans, as well as ancillary coverage such as life, disability, dental and voluntary insurances is preferred.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top