AVP, Absence Management
About HUB International:
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 6th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
About the HUB Risk Services Division:
Our consultants are board-certified and degreed safety, security, property, and environmental, and absence management professionals with experience in a variety of industries. Located throughout US, Canada and Puerto Rico, our team has the proven knowledge and experience to assist our clients in identifying current and potential risks, and implementing controls and programs to reduce their exposure to loss.
Primary Responsibilities :
An Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Absence Management (Workforce Productivity) will:
- Provide subject matter expertise and client leadership in Integrated Absence Management programs, demonstrating knowledge in Workers' Compensation, Disability, Sick/Vacation/PTO plans, FMLA/Leave of Absence.
- Establish and maintain relationships with senior level client contacts by providing superior levels of service
- Build and maintain external networks including vendors, partners, industry resources, etc.
- Develop strategy options and evaluation criteria for clients, implement strategies
- Play lead role in fact-finding, analytic investigation to identify issues and risks
- Identify people and systems implications required to enable solutions
- Manage client team (internal and external resources)
- Generate and retain revenue in accordance with Risk Services model
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May manage the work of others. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of self-motivation and discipline
- Ability to travel and work beyond normally scheduled workweek as necessary
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from four-year college or university; and 7-10 years' experience and/or training in Workers' Compensation, Disability, absence and disability management.
- Experience with an insurance carrier, consulting group or employer preferable
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and concepts and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Location: United States, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh
Location: United States, Utah, Salt Lake City
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 7-10 years
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Date published: 28-Sep-2018
Department: Risk Management & Loss Control
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top