Auto Insurance Department Supervisor
HUB International is looking to hire an Auto Insurance Department Supervisor for our Salmon Arm, 150 Hudson Ave location!
HUB International provides products and services in all areas of insurance, including Commercial, Personal and Employee Benefits. We are the leading insurance broker across Canada, and are ranked among the world's top 10 insurance brokerages. We are committed to providing the best coverage, value and service based on the strength of our vast global resources and solid local relationships.
Function: Responsible for all day to day operations of the auto insurance department including, but not limited to: fostering and growing a customer service focused culture as insurance brokers; encouraging a team approach to problem solving client challenges; developing and promoting on the job training for staff as well as cross-training opportunities with other departments; facilitate effective lines of communication between auto insurance brokers and other staff in the branch; and, ensure compliance with corporate policies, ICBC rules, and requirements of our Auto Insurance partners.
- Proactive sales, solicitation and servicing of fleet, prorate and garage business
- Ensure maximum auto insurance brokers involvement in change that effects auto departments staff including scheduling changes
- Ensure regular staff meetings for cross-training and staff problem solving.
- Ensure auto insurance involvement in hiring and training of new staff and continued formal training of existing staff.
- Effective delegation of job responsibilities and prioritization of job functions within the team.
- Ensure staff compliance with corporate policy on active solicitation of expiry dates, client referrals and cross-selling opportunities
- Facilitate high employee engagement through team building & direct involvement of staff in decision making that directly affects staff and customer service.
- Provide regular feedback to all employees on their performance, including semi-annual informal reviews in combination with yearly annual performance reviews; monitor employee personal goals and coach proactive habits and behaviours to achieve same.
- Facilitate employee rotation schedules with other offices for team building and standardization of procedures.
- Assist commercial producers with their fleet and/or garage clients
- Assist and support auto insurance brokers when dealing with unfamiliar transactions and/or difficult clients
- Account reconciliation and collections required for commercial related clients
- Maintain expiry lists for major accounts
- Additional or irregular hours may be requiredto ensure maximum customer service and productivity as well as to ensure proper hands supervision of staff
- Other duties as requested by management
- Current level II license mandatory
- Current experience with large fleets, garages, prorate and Autoplan
- Currently working in Autoplan or have recent experience in Autoplan
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Preference given to experienced supervisors
- Preference given to those with CAIB certificate
We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, group RRSP matching, complete tuition / course / certification coverage, and exciting opportunities for advancement
Who we are...
Headquartered in Chicago, HUB International is a leading North American insurance brokerage that provides a broad array of property and casualty, reinsurance, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk-management products and services through over 400 offices across North America. With over 10,000 employees, HUB International is the largest brokerage in Canada and currently ranked as the 8th largest insurance brokerage in the world.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement.
HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
Location: Canada, British Columbia, Salmon Arm
Required Education: Some college (no degree)
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 11-Jun-2018
Back to top