Associate Vice-President, Colwood Insurance Services
WHO ARE WE?
Leading Canada in all areas of insurance, HUB International is ranked among the world's top 5 brokerages. When you partner with us, you will be at the center of a vast network of experts providing unmatched service, expertise and insurance solutions alongside 11,000 employees in 500 offices across North America. Choose a career with HUB and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
WHAT DO WE VALUE?
- Entrepreneurship - We encourage innovation and educated risk-tasking.
- Integrity - We do the right thing every time.
- Teamwork - We work together to maximize results.
- Accountability - We measure and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Service - We serve our customers, communities and colleagues.
- Competitive wages
- Industry related tuition financing
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Medical and dental benefits
- RRSP contribution matching
Associate Vice-President, Colwood Insurance Services , operating out of our Willowbrook (Langley office) as an MGA, is an integral part of HUB International's operations. Colwood Insurance products allow HUB International to offer the best in auto replacement cost and limited depreciation insurance to our clients and business partners. As AVP, you are responsible for a best-in-class product that boasts premium client service delivery, with incredible potential to expand on a provincial and national level. The right candidate must be entrepreneurial, agile, forward thinking, and strategic in order to innovate and grow this area of HUB's business. You must also be a stickler for details and be skilled in policy wording. Overall, you are a great leader and have excellent business relationships skills, working closely with employees, insurers, brokers and auto dealership personnel.
Market, Fiscal & Regulatory Responsibilities
- Working with the VP, develop annual business plan that when executed will meet targets, maximize revenue growth opportunities and support loss ratio management
- Assess national market and identify current and prospective opportunities
- Ensure regulatory requirements are met
- Manage extensive business partner relationships
- Maximize efficiency opportunities, such as centralized processing and leveraging technology solutions
- Interpret and analyze data to make well-informed business decisions
- Understand and manage MGA financials and accounting (working with corporate finance team)
- Liaise with insurer partners to ensure pricing and loss development are on track
- Develop and enhance product offerings through relationships with insurers, business partners, and client feedback
- Ensure a competitive product by reviewing and comparing wordings with current market offerings
- Work with third party business partners on financing options, etc.
- Oversee contract management with product distribution partners
- Develop training and sales materials for both brokers and dealerships to maximize the sales of Colwood products
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with brokers and dealerships
- Create, monitor and maintain sales reporting for all broker and dealer clients
- Develop and deliver product and sales training programs
- Develop marketing tools to better promote the product
- Ensure an excellent and consistent client service experience
- Proactively manage any client service or claims issues through to resolution
- Identify and determine solutions for any systemic client service issues
- Provide a positive work environment that attracts, retains and motivates employees
- Onboard and orient new talent
- Support the team to achieve their highest performance potential
- Employees have a strong understanding of the products available
- Communicate in a clear, concise and consistent manner (department, corporate, etc.)
- Ensure consistent and effective application of all corporate policies and procedures as they apply to the business and team
- Ability to work collaboratively with direct reports, colleagues, front line talent, insurers, industry regulators and third party business partners
- Excellent customer service knowledge and skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Strong understanding of business accounting and premium finance knowledge
- Strong understanding of business development and contract knowledge
- Claims and Underwriting experience is an asset
- Understanding of ICBC and dealership workings is an asset
- Willing to travel to various brokers and dealerships throughout Canada
Required Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Back to top