Associate Account Manager, Commercial
HUB International provides products and services in all areas of insurance. We are the leading insurance broker across Canada, and ranked among the world's top 10 brokerages. We are committed to providing the best coverage, value and service to our clients based on the strength of our vast global resources and solid local relationships.
As Associate Account Manager for our Commercial Insurance Division, you will apply your extensive experience in the insurance industry and client service skills while working closely with a team of Account Managers and Marketers, at our Downtown, Vancouver office. You have in depth experience and knowledge as an Insurance Advisor in a client facing role. You will work closely with a team that specialize in Commercial Insurance, and your mandate is to align client needs with our products and insurance experts. This is an excellent opportunity to create a role that is your own while supporting and working alongside a team of experts to make a difference for our clients.
- Provide exceptional client care as primary customer service contact
- Respond to customer requests directly (or indirectly from the Senior Account Manager/Account Executive and/or Marketer), compiling information and submitting information to appropriate insurance companies and binding coverage where appropriate
- Participate in formal account reviews; assisting in account rounding and working diligently to provide value-added services for clients
- Prepare submissions in Policy Works and EPIC
- Prepare proposals, cover notes, customer correspondence, certificates, and invoices as per agency standards
- Assist Account Teams with various administrative function
- Review and prioritize all assigned tasks on a daily basis including, company mail, emails, abeyances/activities
- Maintain accuracy of electronic files that may be housed in EPIC, Policy Works, Certificate Exchange and physical files as per agency standards
- Manage the Marketing of accounts to include new, renewal, and midterm changes
- Collect data from the client, create an expert submission to be presented, negotiate suitable rates and coverages with company underwriters, present account executives with best programs, and bind coverage.
- Provide training and guidance to new Insurance Advisors on the team
- Other responsibilities as needed
As the successful candidate you are self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency and the ability to provide measurable deliverables to Account Managers and clients. You have up to ten years of commercial experience as an Insurance Advisor, and a level 2 insurance license.
Skills, characteristics & qualifications:
- Good communication, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Pro-active and a self-starter
- Commercial bonding experience is required
- Experience with marketing and assisting with client contacts on accounts within the book of business
- Confident to work independently without supervision
- Superior client service, presentation and interpersonal skills
- A keen attention to detail
- Solutions oriented and a critical thinker
- Work well in a fast paced, client-focused environment
- Motivated to contribute within a team environment
Your Future with HUB International:
HUB International provides products and services in all areas of insurance, including commercial, personal and employee benefits and a global network.
- Competitive wages
- Flexible work hours
- Complete tuition financing
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional growth
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for learning, development, growth as well as advancement.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top