Associate Account Executive
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
We are seeking an Associate Account Executive for the Employee Benefits Department in our Corporate NYC office, conveniently located in the Times Square area.
This position will be responsible for servicing and placement of coverage for larger employer group accounts as it pertains to account management. Analyze accounts for coverage and limits, negotiate with insurers and select carriers for clients. This individual will also support EB Senior Account Executives and Account Executives in coordination of projects and interfacing with clients and carriers to ensure exceptional customer service.
- Assist Senior Account Executives & Account Executives with daily client management issues.
- Performs account maintenance including updates to client files, scanning and attachment of plan documents, Benefit Point, etc.
- Assists in the resolution of common account issues, i.e. claim, policy, eligibility and service issues.
- Assists with marketing proposals, paperwork and presentation preparation.
- Revise/Edit and bind presentation materials as needed.
- Assists with open enrollment meetings and client meetings as necessary for clients and prospective clients
- Assists with coordination of Seminars, as appropriate.
- Develops and maintain positive relationships with insurance carriers and clients.
- Performs other administrative functions as needed by Senior/Account Executives.
- Assist Client and Account Executives with creating client websites using HRConnections.
- Assist Client and Account Executives utilize MyWave.
- At least 3-5 years' experience with an employee benefits brokerage, in a corporate HR/Benefits role or with an Insurance company
- Excellent insurance knowledge of Health and Welfare Benefits for large groups
- Some knowledge of self-funded and partially self funded programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
- Demonstrated knowledge of ERISA and federal and state COBRA (and other) laws and current regulations
- MUST be professional and comfortable in a professional service environment
- Strong skills in the following areas:
- written and oral communication
- organizational and time management
- MUST be detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to focus on critical deadlines and achieve timely results
- Flexibility in job-related areas with the ability to interface well with co-workers, management, clients, carriers vendors and others
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Must have a current Health and Life license for the state of NY
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top