Assistant Account Executive
About HUB International Limited
HUB International is a top 10 global insurance broker providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Our regional offices throughout North America are dedicated to helping individuals and businesses evaluate and manage their risks and insurance needs.
Position: Assistant Account Executive
Department: General Commercial - LI
To assist account handlers in processing daily account activity. To provide technical support in accordance with company operating procedures.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining account folders in accordance with internal Quality Control guidelines
- Check policy coverages and endorsement on all new business and renewals for accuracy and relevance
- Complete specs, prepare proposals, policy summaries and reviews
- Process endorsements, placement requests and invoicing: Credit, Debit, Monthly reports
- Review policies for accuracy and adequacy of coverage, including rating calculations
- Liase with Accounting department on research and justification of premium charges as compared with endorsements and invoices
- Handle or refer insured's and underwriter's questions
- Perform other specific duties as directed by the Account Executive
- Pursue a program of professional development
- Begin studies for appropriate licenses
- Detail oriented with good mathematical and communication skills
- Ability to understand, analyze, and research different lines of insurance
- Good typing skills and computer literacy
- Ability to work within designated time frames
- Good interpersonal skills
Strong computer skills; Excel & Word a must
Location: United States, New York, Woodbury
Required Education: Associate degree (2-year degree)
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Date published: 14-May-2018
Department: Account Management & Service
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top