Administrative Assistant - Part Time
- Chilliwack, Canada
Join a Winning Team at HUB International
When you join the team at HUB International, you become part of the 5th largest global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Becoming a part of HUB means that you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced team environment supported by over 12,000 professionals in 450 offices across North America. You will be able to actively contribute to our track record of year over year growth fueled by innovative new products and services, mergers and acquisitions, and a great team of people. As part of our talent engine, you will exemplify our strong core values which drive our unique corporate culture. HUB's entrepreneurial spirit is evident in our people, products and philanthropic initiatives and we are passionate about our talent!
The Administrative Assistant position reports to the Office Administrator. Key responsibilities include general office management, arranging internal and external events, providing administrative support to the accounting teams.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail
- Handling the bank and mail run each day
- Taking minutes
- Diary management and arranging appointments, booking meeting rooms and conference facilities
- General office management such as ordering supplies, working with vendors to ensure facilities are operating properly
- Organising travel and accomodations for staff as required
- Arranging internal and external events
- Support the onboarding of new employees and offboarding of exiting staff
- Contribute to a cooperative team environment in which cross functions are assumed as necessary in order to meet department deadlines and goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Word and Excel Skills required
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Must have some flexibility of work hours and have ability to potentially put in extra hours during peak times.
Required Experience: Less than 1 year of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top