HUB International was born in 1998 with the merger of 11 privately held insurance brokerages. That number has grown to a network of more than 400 integrated brokerages with 10,000 employees across U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico - all carrying the HUB banner.
Today, HUB is one of the largest insurance brokers in the world, and represents a broad, deep, one-of-a-kind aggregation of insurance entrepreneurs. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees. Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment of open feedback and improvement that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization.
Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
HUB International assists employers in evaluating, designing, negotiating, and monitoring the
performance of our client's health and welfare benefit plans. Our experienced team provides
clients with a broad perspective as it relates to the healthcare benefits they offer their
employees and how the benefits compare with industry norms.
This is a spring internship in our Dallas office. It is a part-time position with an average of 20 hours per week.
Purpose of Position:
To become an important team member within the Corporate Benefits Actuarial Analytics
Group (CBAAG), with a focus on detailed healthcare plan analysis for our partially self-funded
clients. Specifically, manipulating and importing dynamic multi-sourced data into our
analytics platform to facilitate statistical analysis of trends and utilization patterns to assist in
estimating cash flow and funding requirements in future years.
Report directly to Director of Corporate Benefits Actuarial Analytics
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Learn and utilize basic actuarial funding methods (PUC and EAN) under a given set of demographic and financial actuarial assumptions in order to calculate employer liabilities under both GASB and FASB accounting standards
- Using plan specific and industry data, estimate projected healthcare plan premiums and contribution sharing strategies under numerous different plan design scenarios as part of a client's annual renewal strategy
- Perform detailed financial analysis using spreadsheets, databases, and other internal resources as needed
- Using our healthcare analytics platform, add important plan specific details to client presentations and answer ad hoc requests
- Complete Incurred but not Reported (IBNR) calculations, plan contribution analysis, trend analysis
- An intuitive ability to find solutions to unfamiliar problems by combining and applying simple to advanced mathematical theory
- Innate organizational skills combined with a strong attention to detail; dependable and flexible as priorities change in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Interest in developing an entrepreneurial spirit with a continuous desire to learn all facets of the healthcare/financial industry
- Pursuit of a college degree in actuarial science, business with an emphasis in finance, mathematics (statistic) with a strong business background, or a related area of study with knowledge of general financial/investment terminology and concepts
- Strong computer skills required with advanced knowledge MS Excel and working knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of SAS, R, and/or Python for mathematical/statistical applications and VBA for automating processes within MS Excel
- Desire to pass SOA/CAS actuarial exams
- Extensive periods of sitting and keyboard/computer work
- Must have visual acuity and hearing
- May lift packages weighing up to 20 pounds
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: Less than 1 year
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: Some college (no degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top