- Toronto, Canada
Totten Insurance Group, one of Canada's leading MGA's is looking for a dynamic Actuarial Analyst to work from our downtown Totten Toronto Office. The Actuarial Specialist will work within the Underwriting Head Office team, to provide forward looking insights into the Commercial, Professional and Personal Lines insurance book of business. These insights will empower stakeholders to rapidly adapt and drive knowledgeable actions to improve profitability, growth and retention. This position will provide the opportunity to bridge technical knowledge with business fundamentals and further enhance insurer relationships.
We are looking for an ambitious individual, who will challenge the business to outperform based on data driven insights, that can work under limited direction, strong attention to detail, multitasking skills and the ability to work with deadlines effectively.
Choose a career with Totten Insurance Group and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining Totten Insurance Group, you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. Totten Insurance Group is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
- Providing a view on the performance of the portfolio of business and any emerging trends which will impact the quality of business, competitiveness of book, and emerging trends going forward.
- Providing ongoing insights as to the competitiveness and long-term profitability of the book of business and any emerging trends which will impact key performance indicators going forward.
- Monitoring the impact of business decisions including rate or underwriting changes to ensure the impact is in line with Totten's strategic goals.
- Analyzing changes or new initiatives made in the market, on both a National and Provincial basis and provide insight as to the impact on the portfolio of books of business.
- Supporting regional teams in understanding their mix of business, retention, growth, profitability, and competitive position and advising on adjustments as needed.
- Developing predictive models for in depth analyses into portfolio performance.
- Providing ad hoc analysis for deep dives into key areas where additional insight is required, such as rate tracking models.
- Building effective relationships with internal partners, including Senior Leaders, Segment Managers, Underwriting Directors, Claims, Operations, and Information Technology to ensure both understanding and effective delivery of stakeholder needs.
- Developing robust actuarial pricing models and then working with our foreign and domestic insurer partners to refine this process and these models.
- Promoting strong culture built on joint accountability, collaboration, work ethic, positive attitude and desire to challenge for greater goals and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics and/or related fields
- ACAS designation preferred or working towards
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a similar analytical or business intelligence environment
- Ability to create predictive modeling and working with large datasets
- Strong problem-solving skills to develop, test, validate, and maintain robust tools/models
- Results-oriented who demonstrates a sense of urgency and accountability for business issues
- Outstanding organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently in fast paced environment, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook and excellent knowledge of SAS language
- Experience with Lineage, Access and SQL or equivalent systems are an asset
- Experience and knowledge of Property & Casualty insurance industry
- Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
- Integrity - doing things right every time
- Teamwork - working together to maximize results
- Accountability - measure and take responsibility for outcomes
- Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
Required Experience: 7-10 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Back to top