Accounts Payable Manager
- Chilliwack, Canada
About HUB International
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 5th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
We are seeking a talented Accounts Payable Manager for our team in Chilliwack, British Columbia. If you thrive in an entrepreneurial culture, and collaborative environment, plus you have a passion for excellence and a desire to grow your career, apply below.
About the position
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for directing, administering and coordinating the functions of the Hub Accounts Payable department located in Chilliwack. This department has responsibility for processing accounts payable transactions and travel and expense reimbursements. This individual is expected to lead by example, create an environment of openness and trust, foster a team culture, and maintain an environment of continuous process improvement and outstanding customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight of vendor creation and maintenance, taking into account all tax implications, cash disbursements and electronic invoice processing in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the organization
- Ensure proper controls, safeguards and segregation of duties are in place over the Accounts Payable and Travel and Entertainment processes
- Manage approximately fifteen staff in Canada with expected growth as we expand the service responsibilities for this team
- Research, analyze and resolve complex payment and vendor issues
- Ensure accurate and timely vendor 1099 tax reporting utilizing an electronic method of distribution
- Develop staff and monitor performance metrics, as well as annual performance evaluations
- Provide customer service and support to both internal and external stakeholders
- Document and maintain accounting policies and procedures manual for accounts payable and travel and expense (T&E) reimbursement
- Query reports and analyze information from an Accounts Payable and T&E system
- Provide ongoing employee training and cross training to ensure all financial policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Coordinate the vendor integration for acquisitions
- Work with several banks, both in the US and Canada, the IT support group and our Treasury department to ensure proper payments are made electronically and manually
- Work on bank websites, assist with reconciliation of aged outstanding checks, positive pay, stop payments and voids
- Work with Financial Applications department IT support on an ongoing basis related to day-to-day activity and special project implementation
- Work with the Internal and External Audit teams on several annual audits for Accounts Payable, Travel and Entertainment reimbursement
- Oversee month-end process
- Some travel, including to the US, required (less than 15%)
- Expected to have a solid understanding of the impact of all accounts payable transactions to the General Ledger
- Must have solid accounting experience, including the ability to create a journal entry and do account reconciliations
- Must understand intercompany transactions across multiple countries and agencies in one system
- As we are a growing and dynamic company, needs to address issues as they arise, including occasional support outside of core business hours
- BS degree in accounting or finance preferred, although practical AP management coupled with high volume transaction processing experience will be considered
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing a clerical and professional staff in an Automated Accounts Payable department particularly non-trade/expense payables
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Windows-based software (PowerPoint, Access, Word, etc.)
- Working knowledge of electronic invoice interface processes
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing requests
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across functional and organizational teams
- High sense of urgency
- Experience with Oracle Fusion (cloud or on premise) a plus, but not required
- Experience in project management in a dynamic environment
- Experience working with U.S. vendors and knowledge of U.S. 1099 reporting requirements a plus
Department Accounting & Finance
Required Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top