Accounts Payable Clerk
About HUB International Limited
HUB International was formed with the merger of 11 privately held Canadian insurance brokerages in 1998. Today, we have more than 9,000 employees in Canada and the US and rank among the World's 10 Largest Insurance Brokers by Crain's Business Insurance. As a global insurance and employee benefits broker, we provide a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. HUB is dedicated to helping individuals and businesses evaluate and manage their risks and insurance needs.
HUB International is seeking talented professionals who can thrive in our entrepreneurial culture and collaborative environment. If you have a passion for excellence and a desire to grow your career, apply below.
About the Position:
The team is responsible for the Premium Payables and Broker commission payables process for the Property & Casualty, Benefits and Wholesale business in various Broker Management system(s), GL system(s) and any additionally acquired systems. Key responsibilities include ensuring premiums are remitted to the carriers accordingly to carrier market terms and broker commissions are paid to external brokers on a periodic basis timely and accurately in accordance with company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as primary contact with assigned insurance markets; focus on expedient resolution of billing discrepancies, obtain missing carrier invoices/statements from Insurance carriers and wholesalers in order to achieve three-way match status and timely disbursement.
- Prepare reconciliations in the Broker Management System in conjunction with invoices and/or statements received from markets in accordance with payment terms.
- Monitor timely resolution of billing discrepancies in order to achieve a three-way match status on or before payment due date.
- Process return premium requests to clients and premium finance companies.
- Prepare analysis of aged open payables on a periodic basis.
- Analyze, research and resolve exceptions.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with client service operations team and markets.
- Contribute to a cooperative team environment in which cross functions are assumed as necessary in order to meet department deadlines and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 1 years' experience in accounting field preferred.
- Experience in a shared services accounting environment preferred.
- Insurance Brokerage Experience preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Word and Excel Skills required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work under pressure to deadlines
- High degree of accuracy with a good eye for detail
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Bilingual in English, French preferred
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top