HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
This position will report to the Vice President (Controller) and will be responsible for monthly closing processes for all current and acquired Broker Management and GL systems(s) within the Global Marine including NSA Watercraft & Rec Marine operations in Traverse City MI. Ensures compliance with GAAP and policies and procedures. Review work of Premium analysts / accounting staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare / approve journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and analysis.
• Execute month-end closing process and running of reports for all Broker Management system(s).
• Deliver month end reports timely to Regional Finance Department for consolidation.
• Provide Revenue Variance analysis.
• Demonstrate solid understanding of the balance sheet account reconciliation process; complete accurate and compliant reconciliations.
• Review and approval of journal entries in the Brokerage Management system(s) and GL system(s).
• Oversee various monthly accrual, true-up, settlement, bad debt calculations.
• Execute disbursement approvals (manual checks, ACH and wires)
• Serve as team lead in with respect to the day to day work performed by the staff.
Experience and Knowledge Requirements:
• Requires at least 5 years' experience in accounting field.
• Requires at least 2 years Team Leadership experience.
• Ability to motivate, influence and lead others.
• Insurance Experience and familiarity with Navigators and / or EPIC a Plus.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced Excel Skills required.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Work under pressure to deadlines
• High degree of accuracy with a good eye for detail
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
• Must have some flexibility of work hours and have the ability to potentially put in extra hours during peak times.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance required.
Location: United States, Michigan, Traverse City
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 5-7 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 1-Jun-2018
Department: Accounting & Finance
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top