About HUB International:
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in Mergers and Acquisitions.
About the Position:
The Accounting Manager will lead this international company's Broker Dealer and Registered Investment Advisor subsidiary in managing their close and accounting matters. Reporting directly to the Chief Accounting Officer, the Accounting Manager will also have exposure to senior leadership and the opportunity to advance in their career. The right candidate will be entrepreneurial in nature and be able to work with various levels within a global organization.
If you are able to communicate effectively with employees at various levels, have excellent attention to detail, and are looking for an opportunity to make an impact, then this is the role for you!
- Oversee and manage the monthly financial close process for Hub's broker-dealer and registered investment advisor subsidiary, Hub International Investment Services, "HIIS"
- Facilitate intercompany process for HIIS and its affiliates
- Calculate compliance with net capital requirements
- Validate all payroll accounts are reconciled
- Develop procedures to ensure compliance with company policies
- Technical accounting responsibility for items such as goodwill impairment analysis
- Prepare purchase accounting and opening balance sheet reporting for a highly acquisitive organization
- Work with third party valuation firm on purchase price and other valuation reports
- Analysis and review of actual results against budget and prior year
- Annually assist external auditors to provide audit support and memos for technical transactions
- Preparation and review of the annual budget within management's guidelines
- Preparation of annual audited financial statements and related disclosures
- Work with management and compliance individuals on preparing quarterly regulatory filings
- Routinely communicate with regional chief financial officers, corporate departmental executive management
- Ad-hoc analysis for our corporate accounting department
- Responsible for the career development, coaching and mentoring of staff accountants
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in an accounting role
- Series 99 and/or Series 27 designation or willingness to obtain designation
- CPA strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting and ability to perform technical accounting research
- Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects both in a group and independently
- Experience leading a team and motivating staff level employees
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top