Accounting Clerk - Temporary
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
HUB International is seeking an Accounting Clerk/Premium Payables Analyst in the Woodbury, New York office. This position will handle a large volume of payments from insureds and/or carriers and reconcile accounts with brokers, insureds and carriers. The Premium Analyst reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Research and respond to internal and external requests
- Research and resolve exceptions that occur in various workflows (unmatched, manual, import, download)
- Daily review of direct bill tracker and/or deposits to identify balances that should be moved to other departments, regions or acquisitions. Coordinate posting of those reclassifications.
- Follow up on delinquent activity requests to assist in resolution
- Retrieve Commission statements from carriers via mail or electronically
- Match commissions statements to cash receipts
- Process direct bill commission download statements in Brokerage Management system(s)
- Transact or import and post non-download statements manually in Brokerage Management system(s)
- Research and resolve Direct Bill suspense items on a periodic basis
- Communicate with client service team to resolve exceptions
- Escalate unresolved items to supervisor per pre-determined aging timeline
- May assist in other special projects as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
- Some overtime may be required
- Prefer at least 2 years' experience in Accounting field
- Experience in a shared services accounting environment is a Plus
- Insurance Brokerage Experience preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Excel skills required, with ability to perform V-lookups and pivot tables
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work under pressure to deadlines
- High degree of accuracy with a good eye for detail
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
Location: United States, New York, Woodbury
Required Education: Associate degree (2-year degree)
Required Experience: 1-2 years
Required Travel: No travel required
Date published: 20-Aug-2018
Department: Accounting & Finance
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top