- Chilliwack, Canada
Join a Winning Team at HUB International
When you join the team at HUB International, you become part of the 5th largest global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Becoming a part of HUB means that you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced team environment supported by over 12,000 professionals in 450 offices across North America. You will be able to actively contribute to our track record of year over year growth fueled by innovative new products and services, mergers and acquisitions, and a great team of people. As part of our talent engine, you will exemplify our strong core values which drive our unique corporate culture. HUB's entrepreneurial spirit is evident in our people, products and philanthropic initiatives and we are passionate about our talent!
About the Position
The Cash Application Associate position reports to the Cash Application Supervisor and is primarily responsible for posting of cash receipts for multiple bank accounts on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Retrieve deposit information from lockbox or remote deposit capture
- Retrieve electronic deposit information from Online Bank Account Daily Activity reports
- Posting of all cash receipts for multiple bank accounts in Broker Management system on a daily basis
- Reconcile cash accounts daily to make sure that all items are accounted for
- Process small balance write offs in Broker Management System
- Process non-sufficient checks in Broker Management System
- Follow up with Client Service team for any exception payments and post accordingly
- Partner with accounting and client service team to quickly bring issues to their attention, working to understand the root cause and offering potential solutions
- Research and resolve unapplied cash in suspense and cash on account at client level
- Escalate unresolved items to supervisor per pre-determined aging timeline
- May assist in other special projects as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in a shared services accounting environment is a plus
- Insurance brokerage experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Excel skills at a minimum, with intermediate level skills preferred (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc...)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- High degree of accuracy with a good eye for detail
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
Department Accounting & Finance
Required Experience: Less than 1 year of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top