Account Representative - Employee Benefits
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected-through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a-kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community
WHY CHOOSE HUB?
Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive, exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions our employees for longevity and success. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees, and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development . Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction
We are the perfect fit if you:
- are seeking a progressive work environment at a rapidly growing organization
- have a desire to help others protect their future
- have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
- are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
- are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of our business
- believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others
Acting within a team, the Account Rep coordinates and provides day-to-day service for employee benefits clients.
• Designs annual benchmarking reports and makes recommendations on strategy based on findings.
• Maintains client relationships, supports client retention, maintains strong carrier relationships, and understands client needs.
• Serves as day to day contact and provides resolution for client questions and issues.
• Responds to all phone calls and inquiries within 24 hours of receipt.
• Manages claims and coverage issue resolution for clients' employees when elevated from HR or Intercare's MyBenefitsChampion call center.
• Provides assistance with clients' billing and eligibility audits, and on occasion may conduct these audits for clients independently.
• Advises and guides clients in compliance matters.
• Educates clients on all Value Added Services.
• Facilitates preparation of open enrollment (OE) packets including SBCs and disclosure notices.
• Creates employee benefit booklets using Microsoft Publisher software.
• Develops open enrollment presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint software and conducts benefits webinars and/or records Brainshark presentations for employees and HR Managers.
• Orders supplies from carriers, and reviews for accuracy.
• Collaborates with Marketing Department on the distribution of related benefits communication materials.
• Communicates utilization trends to clients.
• Manages new carrier, plan or vendor implementation including benefits administration system build-out and project management.
• Installs and regularly updates client specific data in data management system.
• Performs contract review and facilitates preparation of SPD Wraps, Cafeteria and POP Plan documents.
• Facilitates 5500 preparation with CPA and client.
• Prepares master group files, client contact sheet, and maintains carrier files.
• Assists in the Request for Proposal (RFP) process as needed, such as proposal development including, preparing census, entering and updating pivotal information as needed, on-line quoting, and Marketing a group when requested.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of related experience working as an Account Manager or Account Representative in the employee benefits arena (equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable)
- Must hold a valid CA Life Agent license or will obtain
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a big plus
- Demonstrated math proficiency (Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Demonstrated computer proficiency: Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Power Point; Knowledge of Project Management software and database software is preferred
Are you a veteran? Disabled? We welcome ALL candidates and are proud of our wonderfully diverse employee population.
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 2-5 years
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: High school or equivalent
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top