Account Manager, Professional and Financial Risks
HUB International provides products and services in all areas of insurance, including Commercial, Personal and Employee Benefits. We are the leading insurance broker in BC and across Canada, and are ranked among the world's top 10 insurance brokerages. We are committed to providing the best coverage, value and service based on the strength of our vast global resources and solid local relationships.
HUB International is searching for an Account Manager to service and maintain a robust book of Financial Lines accounts. Working with a team of support resources, the Account Manager will focus on retention of the existing book and actively pursue new business leads provided by the sales and management team. The successful candidate will set themselves apart to their clients by offering best in class service and advice.
- Maintain existing book of business
- Provide highest standard of client service
- Be flexible to the needs of each client and ensures our offer is best in class
- Focus on business retention/upselling and cross selling opportunities
- Be up-to-date on all current coverage available
- Be proactive in foreseeing and meeting the needs of each client
- Recognize and actively pursue new business opportunities
- Conduct market research on prospect
- Remain current on business issues pertaining to prospects
- Follow up on leads
- Support business development for D&O liability, Employment Practices Liability, Fiduciary Liability, Crime and other Financial Lines
- Assist on claims when required
- Attend and actively participate in industry and company events/meetings
- Continue professional development in order to progress in this specialty practice.
- Be a practice expert/resource who works in partnership with other Account Executives and Account Managers within HUB West region to generate new business opportunities
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
- 5+ years of Commercial Insurance experience
- Post-secondary education
- Proven experience in sales process and account management
- Level 2 General Insurance License and licensed across Western Canadian provinces
- Recognized industry certification preferred (CAIB, CIP, CRM, RPLU)
- Recognized professional designations in the field of finance (CA,CMA, CGA, CSC)
Your future with HUB:
HUB International's Greater Vancouver location is based out of Burnaby, BC with offices throughout the Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley. We offer comprehensive benefits, group RRSP matching, complete tuition / course / certification coverage, and exciting opportunities for advancement.
- Competitive wages
- Flexible work hours
- Complete tuition financing
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional growth
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for learning, development, growth as well as advancement.
Location: Canada, British Columbia, Vancouver
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 5-7 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Date published: 15-Feb-2018
Department: Account Management & Service
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Business Development Associate
Mike’s in charge of lead distribution and generation within the Program Sector. He focuses on supporting sales agents by helping gather information needed to drive business.
Back to top