Account Manager - Employee Benefits
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the worlds' largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected-through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of -a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
*Great opportunity in our Fresno office!
HUB's Customer Service professionals provide critical support to our customers through account management, claims management, day-to-day client oversight, and underwriting services that make us a leading sales and service organization in the insurance industry. Through a robust network of resources, you will be amongst some of the industry's top talent to help guide and support our customer's needs and provide them with innovative solutions.
The Account Manager is responsible for maintaining a book of business (top priority), having advanced communication skills and a thorough knowledge of insurance products available through the agency is a must. This individual must be capable of retaining assigned book of financial services lines of business, as well as service all clientele in accordance with DMIG/HUB Purpose, Values, and Beliefs. Work with sales staff to maintain client satisfaction in all departments to retain all accounts.Other responsibilities include:
- Primary contact for the agency's small to medium-size clients on day-to-day questions
- Service a book of business with revenue of at least $500,000 in annualized commission and fees
- Service a book of business with a minimum of 30 accounts
- Research and resolve billing and claims issues for clients
- Work with the sales consultant on renewal strategy and to mediate any problems
- Process membership, plan changes, contract changes with appropriate carriers
- Coordinate with carriers and client for open enrollment meetings and/or health fairs
- Develop formal proposals of insurance including details of coverage, limits, deductibles and other pertinent information
- Gather pre-renewal information and market all renewal business RFP's, renewal preparation, negotiations with carriers and presentation of the final product for the consultant
- Must be well versed in COBRA, Health Care Reform, HIPAA, ERISA, Compliance rules, mandates and legislation
- Provide support in obtaining information for Wrap Contracts, request 5500 filings from carriers, prepare CMS registration and other required postings
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade journals and by attending seminars and training meetings on new products, etc.
- Promote agency and insurance industry in the community
To perform this job successfully, an individual must consistently demonstrate the following competencies:
- Support and personally strive to follow DMIG's stated Purpose, Values and Beliefs
- A strong measured aptitude for customer service
- Knowledge of the computer and associated programs: Benefit Point, various carriers' on-line systems, Microsoft products and Internet Explorer
- Understand and follow established DMIG/HUB procedures
- Ability to perform basic math functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages and fractions
- Ability to analyze work assignments and know when to ask for assistance in order to complete the assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to respond promptly to customers' needs, solicit customer feedback to improve service
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, be an active listener, focus on solving conflict, maintain confidentiality
- Prepare memos and professional form letters, write clearly, edit work for spelling and grammar, ability to read and interpret written information
- Balance team and individual responsibilities, support team objectives, exhibit openness to the views of others, give and welcome feedback, when necessary assist team on large projects to meet group work commitments
- Perform all job requirements, consistently produce quality work, complete tasks accurately and on time, prioritize and plan work assignments, use time efficiently to meet productivity standards and commitments, take responsibility for own actions, be responsive to coaching from account manager, sales consultant and department manager
- Strive to continuously pursue training and development opportunities to build knowledge and skills
- Share knowledge of insurance, automation and other resources, contribute to building a positive working environment, treat others with respect regardless of their position
- Understand HUB Employee Handbook
You are perfect for this opportunity if you
- Hold a high school diploma/GED (college degree strongly preferred)
- Have at least 5+ years of related employee benefits insurance experience
- Are currently CA Life & Health licensed in good standing
- Have the confidence and demeanor to effectively interact with all levels within the organization
- Can hold your own while working a computer (Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook)
Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions our employees for longevity and success. At HUB, we believe in investing in the future of our employees, and provide continuous opportunities for growth and development. Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization, focusing on expanding the industry knowledge of our insurance professionals to better serve our valued clients. We are committed to providing you with competitive and flexible benefits options that are rooted in your current needs, yet evolves as your needs change over time. Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
We are the perfect fit if you:
- Are seeking a progressive work environment at a rapidly growing organization
- Have a desire to help others protect their future
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
- Are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
- Are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of our business
- Believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others
Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction. Apply online today!
Are you a veteran? Disabled? We welcome ALL candidates and are proud of our wonderfully diverse employee population.
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: High school or equivalent
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top