Account Executive, Strata
Position: Account Executive, Strata Insurance Division
Location: HUB International (Burnaby, BC)
HUB International provides products and services in all areas of insurance. We are the leading insurance broker across Canada, and ranked among the world's top 10 brokerages. We are committed to providing the best coverage, value and service to our clients based on the strength of our vast global resources and solid local relationships.
As Account Executive for the Strata Insurance Division, you are responsible for maintaining an existing book of business and pursuing new business opportunities that will meet sales and department growth and client service targets. Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Strata, you work collaboratively with a team of Account Executives and Insurance Advisors to execute on sales plans.
In this integral role you are able make a difference in the lives of our clients while driving performance on our sales team.
- Maintain existing book of business
- Provide highest standard of client service
- Be flexible to the needs of each client
- Remain up-to-date on all current coverage available
- Be proactive in foreseeing and meeting the needs of each client
- Recognize and actively pursue new business opportunities
- Attend and actively participate in industry and company events/meetings and actively build your network
- Conduct market research on prospects
- Remain current on business issues pertaining to prospects
- Follow up on leads
- Generate new business revenue by selling insurance coverage to client
- Continue professional development in order to enhance skills and abilities
As Account Executive you have a minimum of 5 years' experience as a Producer and the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Level 2 General Insurance License
- Completion or an interest in working towards the CAIB, CIP, FCIP or CRM designation
- Detail oriented - high level of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Travel to client locations required
- Attendance at meetings outside regular office hours required
- Comfortable with giving presentations to small and large groups
- Licensed in Alberta and Ontario – or willing to obtain
- Must have a valid BC Driver's License
Your future with HUB
HUB International provides products and services in all areas of insurance, including commercial, personal and employee benefits and a global network.
- Competitive wages
- Complete tuition financing
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional growth
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for learning, development, growth as well as advancement.
Meet Some of HUB International's Employees
Kristin oversees the employee wellness program, HUB Healthy Habits, by supporting the company’s dispersed offices. She also works with each Wellness Coordinator to tailor programs to different teams.
Back to top