Account Executive (Employee Benefits and Retirement)
- Toronto, Canada
HUB International is growing and we are looking for seasoned Account Executives to join our dynamic Employee Benefits and Retirement Practice in our downtown Toronto location. Our team prides ourselves on providing our clients with superior service and essential advice. Our commitment to our clients is to create affordable, competitive, and sustainable plans that allow them in turn to enhance employee recruitment and retention. This role is ideal for someone who is a strong subject matter expert in the Group Benefits industry and has a proven track record of delivering the strategic solutions for clients and astute in identifying new business opportunities.
The Account Executive is viewed as a project manager and responsible for overseeing management of assigned clients, including reoccurring interface with appropriate decision makers, proactive consultation, renewal process management, plan design analysis, funding methodology, bench-marking, marketing, relevant collaboration with Subject Matter Experts (SME) throughout HUB, and negotiation of coverage terms and conditions. The Account Executive role will prospect and product organic growth based on local networks, connections and communities in Ontario. This role reports to the President, Ontario Employee Benefits and Retirement and involves client travel within Ontario.
The Account Executive is responsible for managing the relationship between HUB International and our clients and acts as the single point of contact for an assigned book or new business acquisition. This position requires detailed knowledge of the employee benefits program for each assigned client. This role involves collaboration with a Benefits Analyst for each of the accounts. The Account Executive role delivers value through a great client experience and meets clients for semi-annual review, prospecting or where required, provides updates and makes recommendations regarding current claims experience or ongoing changes within the Employee Benefits industry.
- Ensures timely and accurate renewal of annual group insurance renewals and manages the renewal process;
- Initiates renewal meetings and presentation of marketing materials
- Negotiates renewals to ensure they meet client needs and expectations,
- Completes and submits applications for new policies
- Manages the client transition process both for new clients and for current clients changing insurers.
- Responds to general client inquiries within established service level agreements
- Collaboration with the Benefit Analyst for each client
- Reviews, edits, approves and presents reports for each client in accordance with the applicable reporting schedule
- Knowledge of emerging trends in the benefits industry and sharing it with clients
- The Account Executive is responsible for the renewal revenue attached to each assigned account.
- Developing and implementing new business acquisition strategy. Involved in networking, prospecting and presentations.
- Developing and/or coordinating the actual presentation to the HUB prospect, acting in a prudent business manner to ensure maximum efficiency and profitability of the account.
- Providing for the smooth transition of new business to HUB support staff to maintain appropriate levels of service.
- Actively involved with clients to develop additional business, assist with renewals when necessary, and act as troubleshooter to maintain accounts.
- Prospect new business organically through various efforts including: cold-calling, networking, association memberships, social media etc.
- Meets established activity and sales goals
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of carrier products and networks, cost management solutions and various funding mechanisms
- Post-Secondary Degree or College Diploma or equivalent experience
- Active LLQP License
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Sales, Account Management in Employee Benefits
- Experience coaching and mentoring an Account team an asset
- Employee Benefits Experience working with an insurance carrier or broker
- Advanced knowledge of terminology and resources specific to the group benefits industry.
- Strong communications skills: verbal, written and presentation skills of diverse groups and size
- Experience working with C-Level clients and strong customer service focus with the ability to deliver positive customer experiences.
- Proven track record of generating new client opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and independently manage multiple competing priorities.
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
- Integrity - doing things right every time
- Teamwork - working together to maximize results
- Accountability - measure and take responsibility for outcomes
- Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
Required Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Back to top