Account Executive (EB – Brooklyn)
- New York, NY
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
Account Executive Position:
Provides full service account management to clients in the Employee Benefit Department. Manages accounts for all health and welfare plans including medical, dental, short and long term disability, vision, life/AD&D, travel accident, voluntary benefits and long term care. Can be 20 - 200 life groups.
- Day to day contact for client
- Develop strong relationships
- Resolve claims and administrative issues
- Act as liaison with insurance carriers and as an advocate for clients
- Conduct group enrollment meetings
- Design benefit plan in conjunction with client needs and financial resources
- Process renewals, including competitive bidding, providing cost effective plan design alternatives and employee contribution scenarios
- Prepare spreadsheets and renewal presentations as appropriate
- Prepare summary plan descriptions and other employee communication materials
- Provide client with periodic financial reports (monthly, quarterly, or annually, as provided by insurer) to assess plan's performance and as a tool for renewal planning
- Coordinate timely delivery of Schedule A information for 5500 preparation, as appropriate
- Maintain & manage client information through HUB's Agency Management System & data standards Typical Additional Responsibilities
- Coordinate health fairs and wellness initiatives when requested by client
- Prepare claim utilization analysis on self funded and fully insured clients, as appropriate
- Secure stop-loss coverage for self insured clients, as appropriate Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Required
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in brokerage, consulting, insurance company, or corporate benefits environment
- Experience working in markets not limited to NY/NJ a plus
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer literate in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Must have valid Life and Health License
Required Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here athttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 orUSRecruiting@hubinternational.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top