Account Executive, Commercial Lines Insurance
- York, PA
HUB International Limited ("HUB") is the 7th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 10,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
We currently seek a motivated Commercial Lines Account Executive to join our group in our York, Pennsylvania office.
Some of the essential duties and responsibilities for this position include:
- Responsible for marketing new business for producers and market renewals.
- Responsible for checking the accuracy of policies, endorsement, audits, etc. received from the insurance companies.
- Responsible for entering detail into computer on new and maintaining detail on existing accounts.
- Review and gather information as needed to process renewal/new business policies.
- Manages the renewal process and prepares renewal proposals to be presented by the producer.
- Answer telephones and assist clients with questions regarding their coverage.
- Communicate with company personnel regarding the client's needs and/or problems.
- Understand agency rating system and company rating systems and websites.
- Negotiate with the underwriters from other insurance companies on rates and coverage.
- Follow-up on requested changes, renewals, etc. with insurance companies.
- Maintain an accurate suspense system on all items that require a response.
- Perform special projects as requested by management.
- 3 to 5 years Commercial Lines account management with an established broker
- 2+ years of prior office/customer service experience
- Valid Property & Casualty Broker's License
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are a must
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a deadline driven environment
- College degree is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here athttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 orUSRecruiting@hubinternational.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top