Account Executive, Commercial Lines
- Kansas City, MO
At HUB International, we are a team of entrepreneurs. We believe in empowering our clients, and we do so by protecting businesses and individuals in our local communities. We help businesses evaluate their risks and develop solutions tailored to their needs. We believe in empowering our employees. As a global firm, we offer employees resources in both technology and industry expertise, but we still maintain the local flavor of our offices. Our structure enables our teams to maintain their own unique, regional culture
HUB is the 5th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 12,000 employees in 450 offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in mergers and acquisitions.
The Commercial Lines Account Executive is expected to contribute to the growth and retention of the commercial lines department by supporting the Sales and Service efforts. The Account Executive will have extensive contact with the client as an extension of the producer. Responsible for acting as quarterback for the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops relationships beyond the Producers relationship with the key decision makers
- Lead client contact person for marketing/quoting strategy (new/renewal business)
- Information gathering - for Marketing
- Strategic Planning with Producer based on dynamics of the account
- Responsible for Client Service Plan deliverables
- Dependent upon experience, may have leadership responsibilities
- Schedules and leads client meetings
- Rounds accounts
- Communication coordinator: responsible for client awareness
- Keep team apprised of any issues or potential issues
- Stewardship Reporting; if applicable
- Makes sure client is aware of resources that HUB offers (minimum annually)
- Must follow HUB Broker Standards
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Team Work - Supports all organizational departments in a collaborative effort for everyone to succeed.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Quality Management - Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Project Management - Ability to lead and contribute team and adhere to deadlines
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- At least 5-10 years of related experience working as an Account Manager in the commercial lines brokerage arena (equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable).
- Large Commercial Account Experience required
- Experience in Real Estate, Construction, and/or Manufacturing industries preferred
- P&C License required
- Advanced professional designation preferred (e.g. AAI, ARM, CIC, CPCU)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision. Some travel required by car to meet with clients and other outside events.
Must hold a valid Driver's License
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively customers and teammates.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a big plus.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Power Point; follow guidelines on working in BMS (EPIC) for premium efficiency with your team.
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here athttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 orUSRecruiting@hubinternational.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top