The Account Executive (AE) will provide professional, courteous account management and brokerage services to assigned Transportation clients, having theprimaryresponsibility for account retention. Working alongside Producers (aka "Client Executives / Sales") as assigned, the AE shall be principally responsible for overseeing management of assigned accounts. The AE will provide proactive consultation to clients, make insurance program design recommendations, coordinate risk control resources, collaborate with colleagues throughout HUB, and negotiate coverage terms and conditions with insurance carriers. The AE will be expected to be able to present at client facing meetings. The AE'ssecondaryrole will be to assist Producers on new business opportunities.
The AE will manage a team of Account Managers (AMs) and delegate work accordingly. In general, issues related to coverage applicability, exposure evaluation, contractual requirements, and program design fall within the domain of the AE. Issues related to policy processing, maintenance of client data on the agency management system, routine changes (e.g. adding a new vehicle to the policy), and other transactional or clerical work fall within the domain of the AMs.
- Working alongside and cooperatively with Producers. The Producer has primary responsibility for client relationship management and initiating new sales. The AE has primary responsibility for retaining the account, acting as the de facto technical expert and broker-consultant.
- Ensure Producers, are fully informed about and prepared for all client meetings and interfaces so as to be able to competently and proactively manage the client relationship.
- Act as lead client advocate initiating the renewal process from the pre-renewal meeting with Producer, assist Producer in gathering necessary marketing information from client, marketing of account, marketing follow up & preparation of proposal for the Producer.
- Possess a detailed knowledge of the client's business and industry, being able to articulate applicable exposures to loss, insurance coverages, and appropriate/available risk management/control solutions.
- Work with the client as lead claims liaison as needed on day to day issues that may arise and be able to prepare and coordinate claims review with client, producer and markets.
- Work with AM & Producer on accounts receivable issues as needed.
- Work with AM to prepare policies for delivery and address any concerns or issues found with markets prior to policies being delivered to client.
- Establish and maintain strong and productive professional relationships with insurance markets and have a detailed familiarity with each carrier's products and services.
- Directly oversee and coordinate the delivery of all HUB services to assigned clients throughout the policy cycle, including stewardship reports, delivery of risk control services, carrier meetings, claims reviews, preparation of coverage outlines, and marketing of emergent and renewal coverage requests.
- Ensure that all client service needs are promptly and professionally delivered, either directly by the AE or via HUB colleagues (e.g. AM, CSR, Risk Control, etc.). The AE is accountable for the timeliness and quality of all deliverables to the client.
- Identify opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell of other HUB products and services when appropriate for the client's needs. At all times, be knowledgeable about and document what other insurance products and services the clients are purchasing through other providers and who those providers are.
- Understand the various HUB TIS resources and tools that are available via "HUB Today," to best serve assigned clients.
- Be knowledgeable about and comply with HUB systems, procedures and state/federal insurance regulations.
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required by the person performing the work. The principal duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs arise. QUALIFICATIONS
- BA or BS degree required
- At least 5 years of Transportation Insurance experience servicing large accounts
- Experience with influencing C-level executives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and PowerPoint programs
- High energy, detail-oriented, self-starter
- Strong leadership, mentoring, and team-building skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize tasks
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and delegate responsibility
- Willingness to travel
Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Required Experience: 5-7 years
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Date published: 28-May-2018
Department: Account Management & Service
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Back to top