Account Administrator, Commercial Lines - Healthcare Unit
- Kansas City, MO
HUB International is a top 5 global insurance broker providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. HUB has more than 475 offices across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico with almost 13,000 employees.
Our regional offices throughout North America are dedicated to helping individuals and businesses evaluate and manage their risks and insurance needs. We are a company dedicated to superior customer service with employees committed to adding value to every client activity.
The Account Administrator will provide professional, courteous, and knowable account management and brokerage services to assigned clients, having the primary responsibility for account retention and satisfaction. Working alongside Producers and Account Executives (aka "Client Executives / Sales") as assigned, the AA shall be principally responsible for overseeing management of assigned accounts, servicing and maintain existing accounts while uncovering opportunities for increasing business. The AA needs to exhibit a desire and willingness to support the client and the Producer. A can do and team motivated attitude is vital to the long term success.
The AA will interface with a service team directly for assigned accounts, involving assigned individuals appropriately in service related activities in support of clients. Issues related to policy processing, maintenance of client data on the EPIC agency management system, routine changes (e.g. adding a new vehicle to the policy), and other transactional or clerical work fall mostly within the domain of the AM and assigned service team.
- Working alongside and cooperatively with Producers and AEs, and to serve as the HUB consultant to the client. The Producer has primary responsibility for client relationship management and initiating new sales.
- Ensure Producers or AEs, are fully informed about and prepared for all client meetings and interfaces so as to be able to competently and proactively manage the client relationship.
- Establish and maintain strong and productive professional relationships with "C-Level" and other decision makers for assigned HUB clients.
- Possess a detailed knowledge of the client's business and industry, being able to articulate applicable exposures to loss, insurance coverages, and appropriate/available risk management/control solutions.
- Establish and maintain strong and productive professional relationships with insurance carrier marketing, underwriting, and risk control staff, including a detailed familiarity with each carrier's products and services in support of assigned clients.
- Directly oversee and coordinate the delivery of all HUB services to assigned clients throughout the policy cycle, including stewardship reports, delivery of risk control services, carrier meetings, claims reviews, preparation of coverage outlines, and marketing of emergent and renewal coverage requests.
- Work cooperatively and professionally with colleagues to deliver HUB services as described above, using the interface as an opportunity to teach, train, and mentor team members. Provide input and feedback to the Commercial Lines Client Services Manager as to the performance of staff on assigned accounts.
- Ensure that all client service needs are promptly and professionally delivered, either directly by the AM or via HUB colleagues (e.g.Service Team, Central Processing, Small Business Unit, Risk Control, etc.). The AM is accountable for the competence, timeliness, and quality of all deliverables to the client. Includes acting as Back-up for CSA support staff.
- Conduct annual review with clients making coverage and loss control recommendations focused on reducing the clients total cost of risk.
- Identify opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell of other HUB products and services when appropriate for the client's needs, initiating same. At all times, be knowledgeable about and document what other insurance products and services the clients are purchasing through other providers and who those providers are.
- Work with the Producer or AE, or be responsible for maintaining current receivable status for assigned clients. Proactive efforts to collect receivables more than 30 days past-due should be undertaken, with each unresolved circumstance documented and reported to accounting.
- Possess a mastery of the various HUB resources and tools that are available via "HUB Today," employing same to best serve assigned clients and work with Producers and AEs.
- Be knowledgeable about and comply with HUB systems, procedures and state/federal insurance regulations.
- Coordinates the implementation of the client's strategic plan. This includes:
- Performing key "value-added" services including, but not limited to, Pre-Renewal Strategic Planning, Risk ID Assessments, Contract Reviews, Claims Reviews (in coordination with Claims Management), Market Analysis, Stewardship Reports, Deductible Analysis, etc.
- Coordinating the value-added services being provided by our Risk Services and Claims Management Divisions
- Possess a strong ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, which will include the ability to design and deliver effective group presentations using various media. This may range from conducting internal training to a sales or renewal presentation at a client's office or virtually.
- Be actively involved with professional and/or civic associations on behalf of HUB.
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required by the person performing the work. The principal duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs arise.
- BA or BS degree preferred
- Three (3) years' experience in Commercial Insurance
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Significant customer service centric experience and willingness to exceed expectations
- Experience with influencing C-level executives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint programs, virtual meeting tools, and CRM programs
- High energy, detail-oriented self-starter
- Strong leadership, mentoring, and team-building skills
- Significant skill in handling competing demands and projects
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and delegate responsibility
- Willingness to travel and potentially be available outside of typical work day hours
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here athttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 orUSRecruiting@hubinternational.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Hi, we're HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB's vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Back to top