Writing Systems Internship
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Writing System Engineers play lead roles in multi-discipline teams (mechanical, chemical, electrical and SW/FW) working on new products and solutions for 3D printing. You will design, implement, test, and validate systems, processes, algorithms and/or components to deliver optimized part quality, throughput, and reliability for our printers.
As a WS you are asked to define, invent, and validate solutions and execute 3D print system related projects and processes in order to deliver on HP Part Quality needs and performance.
Utilize best practices and approaches, leverage leanings across new product developments, such that Print System Robustness is delivered to the new product development / introduction, utilizing experience from other disciplines and related activities.
Develop an atmosphere of continuous improvement and “Best in Class” processes and systems.
Provide technical excellence where necessary to drive development / improvement in the writing system robustness ensuring successful delivery of product objectives and timelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
The job content will include some of the following responsibilities:
- Design and run reliability tests to maximize printer performance and maintain part quality over the life of the printer
- Investigate new postprocessing methods, materials and treatments to improve, or enhance 3D printed parts appearance and cosmetics
- Understand printer variability and develop calibrations and design proposals that help minimize defects on part quality. Understand, model and develop solutions for system performance issues that affect customer perceived part quality
- Design, develop, and optimize methodologies, processes and algorithms to deliver desired part quality, throughput, durability, and reliability
- Develop creative solutions to fluids/material/heat interaction issues
- Set up, improve and run prototype hardware to answer key feasibility questions
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other disciplines (different engineering disciplines but also marketing, operations...)
- Provide technical support to team members and engineering staff in maintaining a focused approach to problem solving and robustness
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD. degree in an Materials/Chemical/Engineering/Science related disciplines
- High level of analytical decision making and problem-solving skills. Quality & customer centric oriented
- Hand on approach. Willing to work with prototypes. Strength in experimental design and/or lab working experience
Back to top