Writing System Engineer
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Specialty Printing Systems (SPS) is looking for an early career engineer to join the SPS Engineering team that leverages HP TIJ technology into different and adjacent industrial printing markets. SPS is a healthy and profitable business.
Writing systems is the primary system integration role for inkjet printing; it is the nexus where the mechanism, the firmware, the ink, media and customer expectations all intersect. Working in a writing systems role puts you in the center of the action for any printer development.
The SPS printhead, inks, and supplies team delivers specialty inks, printheads and enabling components for industrial applications across multiple TIJ technologies (currently TIJ1.0, TIJ 2.5, TIJ2.x and TIJ4.0). We work closely with worldwide OEM customers to provide solutions that amaze end users.
Our longer-term efforts include the development of solvent inks, and solvent-tolerant printheads and ink delivery systems. A writing system engineer performs a wide range of tasks including customer interaction, assessing print performance across media, designing and implementing new test methods, troubleshooting and fault identification, and system testing.
The position is located in Corvallis, Oregon. The engineer is part of a worldwide team of engineers with colleagues in North America and Europe. HP SPS itself is a worldwide organization.
The Graphics Solutions Business (GSB), of which SPS is a part, is a worldwide leader in commercial and industrial printing solutions. The GSB portfolio includes Designjet, Indigo, Inkjet High-speed Production Solutions, Latex, Scitex, and Specialty Printing Systems. GSB's solutions are instrumental in driving the analog-to-digital transformation of the printing industry.
- Writing system, test and test tool development to support ink and print head programs and products.
- Testing and characterization of solvent and aqueous printing systems, including printheads, inks and bulk delivery systems.
- Approaches problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding project progress and issue resolution.
- Help in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field. Masters or higher preferred
- A preference for candidates with degrees in two engineering disciplines, e.g. ChemE and ME, or EE and CS
- Proactive, innovative and self-motivated
- Willingness to ask questions of experienced employees and to learn from them
- Ability to analyze data with statistical methods and apply critical thinking
- Ability to clearly document experiments, work, and conclusions
- Strong and creative problem solving skills
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Competency with Microsoft Office
- Fluency in English
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top