Worldwide Customer Reference Program Manager, Services & Emerging Compute Solutions
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Embraces a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. Eager to build best-in-class customer reference strategic framework and corresponding programs for high impact growth transformative initiatives. Seeks out new programs and projects and proactively seizes opportunities to help drive the business forward. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees
Create and drive a strategic, top-tier customer reference program that drives revenue.
- Manage high-touch reference relationships
- Drive the creation and maintenance process for in-depth customer profiles and contacts
- Manage reference request fulfillment and track reference activity and outcomes
- Drive opportunities for promotion and broad-based leverage of customer success assets
- Interface with sales to analyze their strategy and advise them on how/when to use references
- Develop strategies for integrated customer reference engagement plans that showcase customer success via a variety of deliverables including: written, video and peer-to-peer customer stories, quotes, business and technical case studies and slide-ware
- Increase program adoption and visibility
- Produce monthly/quarterly reporting and regular communications to stakeholders
- Report outcome metrics for strategic customer engagement, and
- Foster and promote long-term, mutually beneficial customer relationships
- Ability to understand and articulate the value of the program to a variety of internal and external stakeholder audiences
- Drive the customer success stories process - building a reference repository that informs and empower the field
- Eager to contribute to additional strategic go-to-market projects as needed
- Develop and secure approval for GTM plans and budgets.
- Direct cross-functional, cross- organizational teams and agencies in the development and execution of GTM plans and budgets.
- Define GTM metrics/goals/ benchmarks and track/report progress against them.
- Develop closed-loop post- analysis for customer reference and customer success programs and identify/execute indicated actions.
- Assist sales with development of sales training materials.
Education and Experience Required:
• BA or BS in Marketing or related field; MBA preferred.
• 7+ years marketing experience, including offering marketing, segment marketing and partner marketing.
• Agency, sales and/or channel experience a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superb presentations and client-facing skills
- Strong project and program management skills
- Ability to build, manage and influence virtual teams.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and functional disciplines.
- Strong influencing and consensus-building skills.
- Two to several years' experience in sales and marketing
- Good analytical skills
- Candidates need technical / computer skills which include a fluency with the Sales CRM sales/deal lifecycle
- Expert knowledge of customer reference program principles, practices, tactics and tools.
- Expert knowledge of advertising/direct marketing/customer reference programs practices and procedures.
- Well-developed understanding of the industry, offering categories and HP offerings/strategy.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top