Workstation Go-to-Market and Strategic Initiatives
The WW Commercial Workstation GTM and Strategic Initiatives Manager is the business leader accountable for driving key Strategic Initiatives to assist our four regions (EMEA, APJ, US&C, LAC) for the Desktop and Mobile Workstation products to ensure we have successful GTM activity. This includes, but is not limited to Channel training, sales training, field enablement, Product ramp, etc. The team also has the responsibility to dive our HP Workstation OEM business. This team will work with the horizontal commercial market segments including SMB, Corporate & Enterprise, and Public Sector, as well as the unique Workstations segments such as Product Development, AEC (Architecture, Engineering, & Construction), Media & Entertainment(M&E), Financial Services (FSI), and Education.
The role includes accountability for delivering key strategic initiatives tied to Go-to-Market and targeted to WS growth, operational excellence (PLC Process) and cost management, and for managing and driving the OEM Business
Strong region and interaction and teamwork will be key. Understanding the region/country and having had a previous role in the region/country will be key to the success of this role. The manager will spend time in field helping drive deals to closure, working with sales representatives, customers, and partners. Customer-facing presentation skills very important. Extensive direct country experience will be key to the success of this role. Travel will vary and be around 30%+ of the time.
The team led by this manager is a team of strong performers that need exceptional top talent management and leadership. The team is based in Houston, TX, Fort Collins, CO, and Taipei, Taiwan. This position will be based in Houston. This role will be most successful when working in collaboration with the other business units and regions focusing on customer solutions that include pull-through for HP Z-Displays and Accessories products, software, and services (Daas).
Metrics for success include achieving/maintaining #1 market share for mobile and desktop workstations, improving the region engagement and GTM, and achieving the HP financial forecast related to revenue and margin dollars.
- Provide thought leadership and advise/influence strategic direction for WS Business through driving key GTM initiatives
- The global scope of the role includes:Partner with the regions to deliver the products and solutions they need, on time, with the right features, and the right GTM deliverables to achieve their market share and financial goals. This includes:
- Driving GTM activities that will accelerate product ramp and drive market acceptance of new products with activities such as field enablement, channel training, sales training, etc.
- Accelerating the ramp of new products through key initiatives
- Drive priorities to accelerate the Workstations business by partnering with the region and country in key countries such as the US in the Americas, China and Japan in APJ, and the UK in EMEA
Growing the Workstation OEM Business Management
Driving workstation key initiatives such as but not limited to:
- Region GTM deliverables and process improvements
- PLC process improvements
- Cost management/PfV management
- Heatmap process and usage among the organization
- Win 7 to Win 10 transition
- Reporting as needed, such as POR vs actuals
- Responsibilities in this role are coming together and consolidating from three key areas.
The current product management organization will be split into two organizations and a portion of that team will be re-allocated to this new organization
Several of the responsibilities will shift from the CoS organization that has been doing these jobs in the absence of this Strategic Initiatives & Operations Organization
Several of the roles are new to the organization, designed to drive efficiency and growth
- Grow Desktop and Mobile to gain/maintain #1 market share leadership
- Understand Workstation GBU financial goals and deliver upon them
- Understand Horizontal and Vertical commercial customer segmentation and the customer needs to satisfy
- Become an expert in the workstation competition, esp Lenovo and Dell.
- Deliver required product training to the field
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (preferred) or Business Management
- Solid mix of Computer Engineering + MBA education
- 15+ years of professional services experience
- Region and country experience and engagement are a strong key to success in this global role
- Expertise in Asian economies China/India/Indonesia/South East Asia is a plus.
- A strong combination of Sales/Business Dev. /General Management and Strategy/Planning experience across IT is a plus
- Retail/SMB/Commercial channel experience
- Demonstrated successful experience in managing a local and remote team
- P&L management experience; moderate size & complexity
KNOWELDGE & SKILLS
- Region knowledge and firsthand experience
- Go-to-Market experience in region
- Training experience
- Understands key requirements of Corporate governance
- Strong business skills
- Understands HP product and solutions strategies
- Strong financial and operational capabilities
- Leadership ability
- Executive engagements
- Strong team player
- Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands various types of business propositions and understands how businesses operate in general; learns new methods and technologies easily.
- Can solve even the toughest and most complex of problems; great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available; is a quick study of the new and different; adds personal wisdom and experience to come to the best conclusion and solution, given the situation; uses multiple problem-solving tools and techniques; strong leadership skills to drive complex matrixed organization.
- Able to come up with the next great breakthrough thing to do; is creative, a visionary, and can manage innovation; is an effective strategist full of ideas and possibilities; sees multiple futures; has broad interests and knowledge; can both create and bring exciting ideas to market; comfortable speculating about alterative futures without all of the data.
- Can quickly separate the mission-critical from the nice to dos and the trivial work; quickly senses what's the next most useful thing to work on; focuses on the critical few tasks that really add value and puts aside or delays the rest.
- Well organized, resourceful, and strategic; effective and efficient at marshalling multiple resources to get things done; lays out tasks in sufficient detail to mark the trail; is able to get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Manages people well; gets the most and best out of the people he/she has; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; delegates and develops; keeps people informed; provides coaching for today and for the future.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top